Menu
What do your most worry about when travel in China?
Oct 7, 2007 14:53
  • DAVEC
It has to be drivers and driving. If its not the taxi flying around on 2 wheels its other drivers trying to turn me into an angel on crossings.
In the west we have red and green lights, red means stop and green means go. In China it seems that red means stop if you can be bothered and green means see if you can kill a pedestrian.

I can not understand how a nation of kind considerate people who help me so much on my travels turn into such raving lunatics when they are given wheels.
Oct 7, 2007 18:14
  • PETERJOHN
I enjoy the taxi rides! We never get to drive on the sidewalks in America :-)

Everyone I have met in China is so helpful and kind, that I don't worry about anything other than getting sick from food purchased from street vendors. But I just don't eat that food, so everything is good!
Oct 8, 2007 02:43
I'm like Dave, I was very worried about crossing the road when I was there.
Oct 8, 2007 05:26
  • DODGER
I think the trick to crossing the road is walk when the children cross..follow them closely and you will be Ok.
Dodger.
Oct 8, 2007 17:02
  • DAVEC
Walk behind the children?? thats no good, I will get hit by the cars just as easily as I am bigger.

I once even got a taxi just to get to the other side of a main road. Wished I hadnt because he just aimed the car and went, traffic was skidding everywhere.
Dec 4, 2007 11:37
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Definitely communication. I need to learn some Chinese before I go back. Another thing are unscrupulous taxi drivers. -_-

Though it bothered me at first, I can handle the stares. I don't know what people are staring at anyway since I am Asian and I *look* Asian. And I thought I would just blend right in. ^_^"
Dec 4, 2007 18:19
  • STELLA8455
Whenever I go to the restraunts in China, I always can't decide what to eat. There are a bit of foods which I can't eat including xiang cai. So it's so hard for me to order foods I can eat.
Dec 4, 2007 19:55
GUEST21131 Quote: I don't know what people are staring at anyway since I am Asian and I *look* Asian. And I thought I would just blend right in. ^_^"

SHESGOTTOBE. Perhaps, the driver took you as a Chinese. The driver just wondered why you spoke English since you were a 'Chinese'.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What do your most worry about when travel in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code