Menu
Can you hear the Fireworks????
Feb 15, 2007 08:31
  • JABAROOTOO
It's not yet New Year but the fireworks have been EXPLODING in loud bangs here in Chongqing now for the past few evenings.

Until last New Year they had been banned form the city limits of Chongqing and one would only hear them very occaisionally during a religious ceremony, or perhaps a funeral sevice. I heard reports from friends that last year was like a war zone with fireworks going off all over the city, being fired of fbalconies and landing on the neighbours balcony or across the street.

This is the first time I will have spent Chun Jie in China so I am curious about the fireworks.

What is it like in other Chinese cities????????

Feb 15, 2007 19:05
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,In Beijing,it's forbidden inside of FIFTH Ring Road until 17 th.Haha,it's not too much in here!!!!!
Feb 15, 2007 19:24
  • TRAVELDREAM
I live in a small village. It is now quiet, only some occasional bangs by little children. But at the New Year Eve, fireworks will be exploded in the yard of every family. It is said that the bangs can frighten away the evil from the family, and bring the family peace.
Feb 15, 2007 21:33
  • LEMONCACTUS
Last year I was on the outskirts of Benxi city... I can imagine in the city itself it was a warzone, but from my view on the edge it was spectacular, like the whole city was letting off fireworks for about 3 hours.

Here in Lin'an it's pretty small, but not quiet! Fireworks have been going off every night and day now for the past couple of weeks... personally I have my firecrackers ready to let off on the balcony ;)

I love fireworks!
Feb 20, 2007 08:05
  • CALIFORNIA
In this year,Beijing was crazy!!!

The fireworks were filled in the city totally,so noisy!!!But I love do that!!!
Feb 20, 2007 22:51
  • HEIDI
Haha, It's the same in Jinan.
Feb 22, 2007 07:41
  • CALIFORNIA
I'm in the city Taiyuan now,and I just watched a firework performance right now,so amazing!!!The city was still in the Spring Festival~~~~~~
Feb 22, 2007 23:49
  • LIZXLI
In Guangzhou,firework is not allowable.For this year,personally I spent it in my hometown which was a small town located in the suburb of GZ.Obviously it was fantasty and wonderful with a great deal of firework in the sky blooming like all kinds of flowers,for the reason that the local could still get some firework to play.

My little nephew and niece specially love firework,I think.

Although it is quite scaring sometimes with a loud PENG all at a sudden,I have to get used to it.Sometimes it is fun.
Feb 24, 2007 09:53
  • LIONPOWER
Liz,
Why firework not allowable in GZ ?
Feb 24, 2007 17:55
  • LIZXLI
Hi,

Because people there have no access to buy firework according to certain kind of policy for safety.
Feb 24, 2007 19:37
  • GURTY
I have just returned from my hometown, a small village. There is great craziness of fireworks. On the Eve of the Chinese New Year, fireworks became active. In my countryside, it is a tradition to set off the fireworks before their going to bed, naming ‘Closing-door Fireworks’ to say goodbye to say the past year. When the Twelve o’clock passed, fireworks are on stage continually to the early morning. It is said that the earlier you get up, the more fortune you will get in the coming year. After the ‘Opening-door Fireworks’, a long line of fireworks will be on before their grand dinner. As of lunar January 2, people begin to visit their relatives. Before they set off for the first visit, setting–off fireworks is a necessity to bring a kilter for their following visits.

My three-year-old nephew has never stopped his setting off firework all day. He was so keen on it, that he didn’t have lunch for two days. Maybe has thought lunch as a burden during his playing fireworks.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Can you hear the Fireworks????
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code