Menu
3 days on the Island
Feb 15, 2007 11:07
  • AMITP
Hi There,

I'll be Hainanin for 3 days .
Any recommendations for special places to visit.
I'll reserve 1 day for Haikou city .
I would like to visit the Li Miao villages in Hainan and few temples & Buddha's.
Is it convenient to sleep in Haikou and go each day for another city or it's better to spend the night elsewhere.
Sanya city is out of my considerations(I have enough sea&sun in my country-Israel).

Thanks,
Amit
Feb 15, 2007 18:47
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,so admire that you have enough sea and sun,but there is a very famous temple near Sanya---Nan Shan Temple.Li Miao Villages is nice,but a little terrible,haha,take care!!!

Good luck!
Feb 17, 2007 09:48
  • LIONPOWER
Welcome to Hainan
Feb 18, 2007 05:48
  • AMITP
I have few question for my trip to Hainan.
1. Where are exactly the Li and Miao villages ?
2. What are the must see sites in Hainan ?
3.Which city is the most interesting one (wanning,wenchang,qionghai,qiongzhong,wuzhishan.
4. Transportation (taxi) to one of those cities from Haikou airport around 21:00-22:00 in the evening,should be any problem ?
Because of my short trip we will spend 1 full day in Haikou (I already booked the meishi golf resort hotel ) and 2 other days in one of the above cities and sites seeing.

Thanks,
Amit
Feb 18, 2007 08:42
  • APAULT
I find Haikou very interesting, there is a considerable old city which I think is European in origin. One warning: on my map it shows several temples Haidian River... I couldn't find any there, but I did find a small one south of the river.

Haikou to Wuzhishan will take at least 4 hours...a very long taxi ride! To Wanning will take about 2 hours. I liked Wuzishan but it is a small country town...Oh I should say city. It is the smallest city in China to have a university. I don't see it as worth an excursion if you have so little time. Avoid Yangpu, a port in the north west - though it does have 2000 year old saltpans if that is your scene!
Feb 19, 2007 03:07
  • AMITP
Any recommendations for hotel in Wuzhishan (tongshai) city.
Oct 20, 2008 08:07
GUEST88161 Hi

Do you know how much does a taxi ride from Haikou International airport to Qionghai will cost?

Thanks
Feb 3, 2011 03:54
  • GREWAL
Any recommendation for travel to yangpu .
Feb 3, 2011 21:46
  • BOBERT
Yeah...don't! I stopped in there two years ago and found it bland and boring.
Post a Reply to: 3 days on the Island
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code