Menu
christian church in Shanghai
May 30, 2011 20:44
GUEST24236 Hi all, any charismatic church in Shanghai near Yang Pu area?
Jun 12, 2011 01:55
GUEST16753 yes this is china. we chinese what can we do for it?
I am chinese i want to have an english Sunday Worship but where can i find it ?

email: yahoo.com.cn|jane19962001
Aug 1, 2011 23:17
GUEST64199 I am going to shanghai , China next month and I want to know any christian friends there .
Sep 6, 2011 12:32
  • GHOST
If you are a foreigner wanting to go to a English service your choices are mostly limited to the international fellowships that are not allowed to have mainland Chinese attend. It is common for them to ask you to show your passport on admission. Please understand this isn't because they do not welcome Chinese, in many cases it is because the foreigners churches are not registered with the government and so to be allowed to exist must put this requirement in place.

There are some exceptions, Beijing for example is registered with the governement and is quite high-profile but still cannot admit mainland Chinese. Some international fellowships allow Chinese to attend if they are married to a foreign passport holder but evidence must be produced.

There are also some English-speaking services held at government churches i.e. Haidian Church in Beijing and another in Wuxi that I know of. However, most government TSPM churches (Three Self Patriotic Movement) do not provide English services.

Many international fellowships now have websites where you can obtain much more information.
Dec 18, 2011 02:29
GUEST92177 hi all, i am planning to celebrate my christmas in Shanghai.
does anybody know Heng Shan Community Church's Christmas eve program..
pls help.
thank you
Mar 30, 2013 11:33
GUEST26033 Which churches can hold a wedding ceremony between a foreigner and a Chinese? I am catholic.
Apr 1, 2013 10:14
  • GHOST
The TSPM (government) churches can do that for you but sometimes they will want to have evidence that you are a regular church-goer. If you are Catholic, ask at your local Chinese Catholic church.
Apr 5, 2014 08:25
GUEST34128 There are morning services in Chinese that are open to Chinese nationals.
Jul 9, 2016 22:19
GUEST28987 Greetings in Jesus Name. I am Rev. Emmanuel Badmus, from Nigeria. I'm also a Research Technologist with my University in Nigeria. I'm in China to inspect an equipment manufactured for us by Chinese manufacturer. I want to worship with brethren here while I'm in China. My Chinese Engineers are prepared to bring me to your Church. They are complete agnostics. I'm eager to see them saved. If they bring me to your Church but they themselves are out, what help is available for their salvation? If they stay outside and probably got angry (just guessing) and leave, how do I find my way back to my lodge? I know nowhere as I cannot read street names. Thanks and God bless.
Page 4 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: christian church in Shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code