Menu
one year in china at the chongqing university
Feb 17, 2007 05:22
  • DIC333
I am going to stay a year in chongqing and i am going to visit the chongqing university.
I have never been to china so what do I have to expect??
what about costs of living? what are your experiences?
The most important thing is what about Basketball??? I am a Basketball freak!!!!!!!!! no way to live without it.
I would like to travel a bit how much will be a trip to shanghai or hong kong or Japan I would love to visit Japan in my vacation
so pleeeeaase guys help me answering all my questions or at least one of them ; )

bye
Feb 18, 2007 08:23
  • APAULT
No problem.... most of the blokes are basketball crazy too. You will have no problem getting involved.

You havent said which country you come from so it is not so easy to compare prices.... but you will find China very cheap compared with any western country. Australia is one of the cheapest western countries...and I would say prices in China are about 1/6 of our prices, or comparing with Britain about 1/15 of their prices :) But expect to pay high prices if you go to bars and clubs frequented by the career foreigners...I mean the ones who are on western salaries.

For internal travel, you can get info in thsi site.... for planes, you can see the icon near\the top of these windows, for trains, click on 'search', then on the left you will see an option for train travel.
Mar 10, 2007 05:31
  • IRISCHEN
hi,i am a student in chongqing univercity now.I am glad to make friends with u and help u with all the problem.u can send email to me:yahoo.com.cn|iris.0410,or chat on msn.hope to hear from u soon:)
see you
Mar 11, 2007 07:13
  • JABAROOTOO
Chong Da as the university is known is a huge campus with quite a contingent of foreign students from all over the world. It is actually three smaller campuses joined together and is cetrally located in the second largest CBD in the city. Your budget will depend on your lifestyle but it is relatively cheap to live here if you don;t party too hard. You can live on campus or rent an apartment off campus. Basket ball is immensely popular so you will have no trouble with getting your 'fix'.

Travel is cheap within China and depending on when you travel OS you can get some good deals.
Post a Reply to: one year in china at the chongqing university
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code