Menu
US Customs Fees
Feb 23, 2007 22:26
  • WIZARD
I am planning a trip to Shanghai, Ningbo, Beijing & Hong Kong the last two weeks in April. While there I want to check into exporting form China to the USA. Does anyone have an idea as to the fees I will be charged by US Customs?
Feb 24, 2007 01:11
  • ROGERINCA
You don't show it on your profile, but you infer that you are an American ??

In that regard.......

Determining Duty Rates:

Many factors/specifics, depending on the product being imported, and country of origin, contribute to the determination of the duty for a particular product entering the USA.

The Harmonized Tariff System (HTS) provides duty rates for virtually every item that exists. The HTS is a reference manual that is the size of a large dictionary.
The U.S. International Trade Commission - Tariff Database "on the web" will take you to an interactive data site that will enable you to get an approximate idea of the duty rate for a particular product. Please be aware that the duty rate you request is only as good as the information you provide. The actual duty rate of the specific item you import may not be what you think it should be as a result of your research. USCBP makes the final determination of what the correct rate of duty is. You may also receive guidance by calling your local USCBP POE.

You can go to the websites of either of these govt. agencies for more direction.
Feb 25, 2007 11:50
  • WIZARD
Sorry I didn't mention it, I am American and looking into to importing stainless steel products. I was told that there are some restrictions by the U.S. because of recent problems with what China will allow into their country from the U.S. Thanks, for the info and I'll look where you suggest.
Post a Reply to: US Customs Fees
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code