Menu
Middlesborough moniter and control system
Feb 24, 2007 19:21
  • ELLEN77
I have heard from the news on the TV that Middlesborough, England has used the visual and phonic moniter and control system to prevent the unpolite manners of passerbys on the street. It is really very interesting and said to be very effective. When a man throws the garbage in the street, a voice would be heard there 'The man wearing black suit, please throw the garbage on the dustbin', something like that. Then the man will feel ashamed and pick up the garbage. In addition, this sysmtem is also a warning for the comminals. The system is said to be used in the living community and other places soon.
According to the repprt, most of the people support this system, although there are some accusation for its impinging of privacy and other inconvient aspects.
Personally I also find it very good. But China is of such a number of people, I wonder if it will be adaptable.
Mar 2, 2007 23:06
  • JABAROOTOO
The simple solution would be for real people to make a gentle comment to those offending members of the community to desist. What I notice here the most is how much "bad" behaviour average folk put up with from each other.

I let people around me know that I don't appreciate being pushed and shoved unnecessarily and the response is rather positive and apologetic when confronted over this impolite behaviour. It just seems to me that not enough people are aware that it is not necessary to behave like this. At other times people are incredibly patient and I cannot understand this contrast.

things like hussling to get into an elevator BEFORE it has emptied
getting on and off the bus - been poved now that queuing is quicker
and especially at ticket counters

I usually get profuse apologies when I have made an objection and to be honest I think people are embarassed that they have offended a non-native. It does not send a good message to visitors and I know that most of us have this experience. Sometimes I wait until the very last to avoid an obvious crush and then make a relaxed unhustled.

SO BE A LITTLE MORE ASSERTIVE WHEN IT MATTERS
Mar 3, 2007 04:41
  • LIONPOWER
Hi ellen,
Don't take it other wise.
Is it Moniter or Monitor.

Have a laugh story --- about technical words translated from Chinese to English or vice versa.

Yes, technology is good, no doubt. We adopting technology for our good life style. Robotics the top most technology. Robot doing every thing in lieu of Man.
Have we think, what work will be done by the poor man like me? Infuture ??
Mar 4, 2007 20:44
  • ELLEN77
Hi Jabarootoo, I understand your feeling, I have also met such situation and choose so to avoid the rude people. Sometimes choas may let one lose their mind.
Mar 4, 2007 20:49
  • ELLEN77
Lionpower, you tell the right thing. It's MONITOR, I'm ashamed for my careless writing. In addition, agree with your idea about ROBOT.
Mar 4, 2007 23:13
  • LIONPOWER
Xie xie
Post a Reply to: Middlesborough moniter and control system
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code