Menu
Go to Yantai!
Feb 25, 2007 03:01
If you have never heard of Yantai, then that is not surprising because this city has not yet been discovered by mainstream travellers. But, for someone that has lived in China for 10 years, it came as a great surprise to find such a place in China that has been relatively unspoilt, retaining its clean beaches, clear waters, and rich historic culture.

Yantai is located on the north east coast of Shandong, 1.5 hour flight from Shanghai and 1 hour from Beijing, Yantai looks out over the Yellow Sea towards Dalian to the north and Korea to the East. For those of you who are in Shanghai and Beijing, just the thought of escaping from the traffic, heat, pollution, mosquitos and all those other “lao-wai” should be more than enough to make the flight over here!

Adventure by boat on the sea, excileration in the mountains, relaxing on the beach and indulging in the exciting nightlife - Yantai has it all within easy reach. Excellent wines are made here as well as some of the best seafood in China. And yantai-life is very cheap compared to the rest of China. Anyone planning to fly from Europe or America for a dream holiday or looking for a low budget experience should put Yantai on their destination list.
Feb 28, 2007 17:55
  • DOWNTOWNBILL
I have an opportunity to teach at Beijing, Shenyang, Qingdao, Xiamen, and YANTAI.
I saw your recommend for Yantai, considering the other places, would you still advise Yantai?

Thanks,

downtownbill
Mar 2, 2007 08:07
  • JABAROOTOO
I just got back from Hainan where the beaches around Sanya and the east coast of the Island are by far the best in China. Nowhere else compares and I have been to a few others too.

I spent over a week in Yantai, Weihai and surrounds last summer and I didn't even go for a swim !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not because is wasn't hot enough, but because the beaches with easy access where not so clean. It didn't stop hordes of other tourists and locals from getting wet though, but I was disappointed with the water quality.

Apart from that I had a wonderful time and highly recommend the Shandong Peninsular. It is a place less travelled but the Koreans and the Russians do know all about it.
Mar 25, 2007 03:15
  • EVENING
I plan to a less crowded place recently.
Maybe I will go to Yantai and Weihai. I love these smaller cities with less life pression! I want to feel them with my own experience! : )
Aug 17, 2010 20:58
GUEST86616 of course ,air of Yantai is not as clean as Sanya,but you know ,its still not as well-know as Sanya.no matter its rich or non-famous,its my hometown.i would like to introduce kinds of good fruit to you .and i still like to express ous smile to any visitors.its a quiet,beautifiul,and enjoyable city.
Aug 23, 2010 03:28
  • HERBEAT
If you want a cleaner place, then I would say Weihai is better than Yantai, although I just love Yantai...
Post a Reply to: Go to Yantai!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code