Menu
one year in china at the chongqing university CQU
Feb 25, 2007 13:08
  • DIC333
I am going to stay a year in chongqing and i am going to visit the chongqing university.
I have never been to china so what do I have to expect??
what about costs of living? what are your experiences?
The most important thing is what about Basketball??? I am a Basketball freak!!!!!!!!! no way to live without it.
I would like to travel a bit how much will be a trip to shanghai or hong kong or Japan I would love to visit Japan in my vacation
so pleeeeaase guys help me answering all my questions or at least one of them ; )

bye
Feb 25, 2007 14:09
  • ELLYSE
Basketball is getting quite popular in China so I don't think you'll be missing your game too much.
Eh how much trips would cost are dependent on many different factors. Length of trip, where you're going, your budget range, your spending habits, etc.
As a rough gauge, my friends and I have been on quite a few trips in the past year, of about 7-10 days each. We start in Shanghai as we're studying here. The trips are Gansu province (Feb 2006), Guizhou province (May 2006), Sichuan province (Oct 2006) and northeast China (Jan 2006). We're averaging about 5000 RMB for each trip, all inclusive. We travel on a mid-range budget and fly if necessary.
Mar 3, 2007 00:01
  • JABAROOTOO
Chong Da as the University is known in the city is a huge campus with many overseas students. Basketball is very popular adn you will have no trouble getting enough 'ball time'.

Your budget will of course depend on your lifestyle requirements but CQ is a still a little cheaper to live than other major Chinese cities.

As four travelling,
Trains and buses for places that are not so far from CQ and hostels and guesthouses will help minimise expenses and depending on when you travel discounted airfares will also help keep them down.
Post a Reply to: one year in china at the chongqing university CQU
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code