Menu
News Item but not within China
Feb 25, 2007 17:56
  • ROGERINCA
Following is a recent news story from China News Service. I am not sure, as yet, if I can fit it into my schedule; but I would like to fly or drive down to L.A., and see this parade in Hollywood next week. The fact that China is participating in this event, of such a large scope, demonstrates the strength of Chinese culture in American life, and especially here in California. I think there has, for a long time now, been a strong connectivity (at the people to people level) between China and America. And now with an ethnic Chinese population approaching 3 million in the US, the majority of which are in California, it is as strong as it has ever been. I do all I can, as one individual, on a daily basis, to promote this aspect. In this regard, I am very proud of my [personal] connection to China !!!

STORY: A recent report from China News Service said that the Beijing Olympic festooned vehicles will be shown to have a grand pageant in the Hollywood area of Los Angeles on March 3rd.

For celebrating the coming Beijing Olympics to be held on August 8, 2008, the pageant, sponsored by the Beijing Tourism Administration and the City Government of Los Angeles, will be highlighted by over 510 Beijing performers. Besides the professionals, the players also include some city middle school students. Traditional Chinese programs like Stilt Walking and Taiping (Peace) Drum Dance will be performed.

It is said that the grand pageant, connecting both the capital of China - Beijing - and the largest city in Western America - Los Angeles, will spread in advance the excitement and energetic feeling of the Beijing 2008 Olympics to the world under the same Olympic Spirit.

Feb 25, 2007 18:43
  • GURTY
The Pageant is featured by Stilt-walking(Gaoqiao in Chinese) , an ancinet form of Chinese folk art. Yes?
Post a Reply to: News Item but not within China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code