Menu
Financial matters in Wuhan
Feb 27, 2007 03:12
  • NINGY
Hi! I'll be going to Wuhan for 4 month sto teach English in one of the schools there. But the thing is, this will be my first trip to China and I have so many questions. But the most important thing right now is, I'm concern about money withdrawals. Is it possible to use my atm maestro cards with the atm machines there?
Feb 27, 2007 03:20
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Most of ATM machines in big cities, including Wuhan, can use master, visa, etc.
Feb 27, 2007 13:12
  • ELLYSE
Yes at ATMs which display the relevant logo. Use the ones outside banks during working hours so that someone would be on hand to help in case the machine eats your card (which doesn't happen often, but just in case).
It would be more economical and convenient to convert your money and open a Chinese bank account to put it in. It's quite painless to open an account and you only need to bring your passport to the bank and fill in some forms. Doesn't cost a cent to open an account.
Feb 27, 2007 22:33
  • NINGY
Thank you! :) I've heard so many contradicting answers on this but I feel much better now. Thanks!
Mar 1, 2007 00:27
  • APAULT
Maestro is not as common as Visa and Mastercard, but in the cities you will find some suitable ATMs. If you have trouble using a 4 digit PIN (Chinese standard is 6) try using 2 leading zeros.
Post a Reply to: Financial matters in Wuhan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code