Menu
Hubei
Feb 27, 2007 03:57
  • NINGY
I'll be teaching at Hubei Wuchang Shuiguohu Primary School. Is anyone familiar with the area?
Feb 27, 2007 13:14
  • ELLYSE
I've stayed at a hotel in Wuchang near Shuiguohu. Shuiguohu means "Lake of Fruits", literally. Seems to be quite an ok area and you're close to East Lake (nicest scenery you'll find in town) and the Hubei Provincial History Museum which's quite worth going to at least once. The bells that they have there are significant in Chinese music history. Most nightlife seems to be in Hankou across the river though. That's about 40 RMB away by taxi, ugh.
Mar 2, 2007 23:51
  • JABAROOTOO
That's in Wuhan which is a huge city but Wuchang is the garden and lakes area on the south bank of the Yangtze and where many of the older educational facilities are. You should enjoy the area although be warned it is very hot in summer.
Mar 11, 2007 09:15
  • JADE
I graduated from the very school you are going to teach in, though that was years ago, lol. I am not in town myself to show you around or something, not even sure if most of the teachers who taught me are still around in the school, but I hope you have a pleasant time there. As Jabarootoo has mentioned, where you teach is very near the Dong Hu (East Lake) area, where it boasts the beautiful, hilly campus of Wuhan University, and also the Hubei Museum and several botanical gardens further into the lake area. As for the notoriously hot summer--it seems to be getting better thru the years, the recent summers when I was at home definitely saw less heatwaves or huge rainstorms that used to plague the city. In any case, have fun. B-)
Post a Reply to: Hubei
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code