Menu
Guizhou and Hainan Forum
Feb 27, 2007 08:20
  • WILDLIFE
I am very new here and i just want to ask if you know any forums for Guizhou and Hainan Provinces. I read something about Guizhou here but i think only few people know because very few replied but a long time ago. Your help is very much appreciated.
Feb 27, 2007 13:10
  • ELLYSE
There're Guizhou and Hainan sub-branches on TripAdvisor (http://www.tripadvisor.com/ForumHome) and VirtualTourist (http://forum.virtualtourist.com).
Mar 2, 2007 23:33
  • JABAROOTOO
I think that you will find like most of us that there are a lot of websites with just a handful people who tend to focus mainly on one or two (it takes a lot of time) to be active on more than one site.

Places like Guizhou and Hainan probably don't have so many people contibuting information. At least that has been my experience in both these provinces when I have searched in English at least. There don't appear to be any specific forums but there are a few 'blogs' and travelogues around posted by other travellers.

If you have any specific questions post them here. I have just returned from two weeks in Hainan and I covered a lot of the island and I've also travelled quite a few times and to many places in Guizhou and love it. It's one of the places I escape to for a few days each year if I can.
Mar 4, 2007 23:18
  • WILDLIFE
thanks for the details.
that Guizhou forum helps because at least i talk with the Guizhou people.

jaborootoo,
do u know any cheap hostel in Hainan? I'm just trying not to spend to much, u know...i'm planning to visit there after coming from HK. Do you think i can also take a plane from Hainan to Thailand or Philippines?
Mar 4, 2007 23:58
  • ELLYSE
Not sure about direct flights, but Haikou is linked by budget airline Tiger Airways to Singapore, and then you can fly with the same airline to Bangkok or Manila Clark.
Mar 5, 2007 03:21
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Wildlife,
I would highly reccommend the Blue Sky Hostel which is right in DaDongHai, with water views and just a few minutes to the beach. Everything you need is within a few minutes walk of the hostel.. Staff is knowledgable, helpful, and especially friendly. I had a private room for Y120 with a balcony and a sea view but you may get something cheaper now or take a bunk room.

Email Peter, he's the owner
163.com|sy-youthhostel
or
gmail.com|sy.youthhostel

If you fly in, there is a bus from the Airport to downtown Y5 Dadonghai but it only does the return trip for passengers during the golden weeks. We were lucky to have it running last week as well.

the Hostel is in a dead end alley off Hai Yun Lu just beside the Summer Mall which is a neat Shopping Plaza and Food Court next to the main Dadonghai beach PLAZA You can't miss it. At night you can dine al fresco on cheap local and national food and great fruit is at your doorstep, literally. The little Guo Nan Supermarket attached to the Mall has everything you could ever need.

I can;t help with the flight information, sorry but I know Sanya is and international Airport but very limited.

Need more info? Just ask
Mar 6, 2007 04:56
  • WILDLIFE
ellyse,
i have heard of Air Tiger but only in Macao to Singapore or Manila. Anyways, I'll find that out when I'm in Hainan but early booking is a lot better than cramming.

jabarootoo,

wow! I'm glad u supplied complete info about the hostel, xie xie ni. Although I’m not familiar yet with the places I think it’s easy to locate them since Hainan is dominated by foreigners, and I bet too that most can speak and understand English. Anyways, I will contact Peter and see how will everything go.
Mar 6, 2007 06:17
  • JABAROOTOO
You're welcome but The Russians are the most common and many of the Hainanese have learnt a little to facilitate this. Most of the bilingual sign are in Russian. All good for tourism in general as there is alot of good stuff available although it may be little more expensive. I thought I would appreciate some western style restaurants but I didn;t need to as the island food is just so good.
Enjoy you stay.
Post a Reply to: Guizhou and Hainan Forum
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code