Menu
Cheap Board and Lodging in HK
Feb 27, 2007 08:33
  • WILDLIFE
Do you know any boarding houses that offers very cheap rent in HK? I am shoestring so i am trying to budget my allowance because i know HK is so costly. My alloted budget is at least 15-30 HKD for 24 hours, and i am planning to stay there for a week or so. I won't be staying the whole day in the house because i will spend more time hanging around the city.

Also, can anyone here share forums for Guizhou and Hainan? Your help is very much welcome. Thank you.
Mar 1, 2007 00:30
  • APAULT
15-30 HK$ seems very low. Travelling around China mainland I nromally pay 50 or 60 RMB (essentially the same as the HK$). With the higher prices in HK, I don't think you have a chance...but if you find places please come back and tell us.
Mar 2, 2007 06:02
  • CONIFER
I paid 150 HK$ for overnight in the hostel, but I heard you can get a cheap lodging for as low as 25-50. I didn’t have enough time to look for that but maybe in my next visit I’ll try to look for one. If ever you found one I’ll be glad if you share it here. :-)

Check the link below for Guiyang, Guizhou Forum.
http://livefitness.bbfast.com
Mar 4, 2007 23:11
  • WILDLIFE
Thanks guys. I am still seeking help for a cheap lodging. Sure, i will share it to you once i found one.

Thanks for that forum. It's cool.
Mar 5, 2007 09:30
  • FAERIEQUEENE
i heard that several mansions in Tsimshatsui are the cheapest in town (Mirador, Chung King Mansion...), or in the outlying islands eg Cheung Chau, Lamma Island but I have no idea about their prices
Mar 6, 2007 04:38
  • WILDLIFE
apault,

i'm running out of time so i've got no choice but to go for 50-60 HKD. Can u give me the complete address and contact number of that place if you wouldn't mind? Thanks and hoping to read you back.

faeriequeene,

is that place far from the center? if possible it should be in Kennedy towns or other places nearby.

Mar 6, 2007 08:04
  • FAERIEQUEENE
there are also those youth hostels which are camping sites for the locals... here is one in Mount Davis, near Kennedy Town/Pokfulam area where the University complex is (fyi, Kennedy Town is not the city centre)

=> http://www.yha.org.hk/Eng-HostelMountDavis.html

http://www.yha.org.hk/forms/hostelcharges.pdf
Mar 7, 2007 09:06
  • APAULT
I stayed in Macau instead, but still there is not too much choice. There is one well known chaeapie

San Va Hospedaria: www.sanvahotel.com

Price: 70 Macau Patacas/night ($10US)
This street is in a main tourist area, historic. Remember that taxi and bus drivers refuse to recognise the Portuguese streetnames.

It's extremely basic. The walls were wooden and don't even go to the top of the ceiling. You do get a fan though.

There is another just around the corner. From the San Va turn left and left into a short street, just before the end on the left is a similar establishment same price. Nothing on ground floor, first floor brothel, 2nd floor 'reception'. Basic but proprietors very pleasant
Post a Reply to: Cheap Board and Lodging in HK
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code