Menu
Cheap Board and Lodging in Hong Kong
Feb 27, 2007 08:38
  • WILDLIFE
Is it okay to post about this here? :-0 Anyway, i posted it already.

Do you know any boarding houses that offers very cheap rent in HK? I am shoestring so i am trying to budget my allowance because i know HK is so costly. My alloted budget is at least 15-30 HKD for 24 hours, and i am planning to stay there for a week or so. I won't be staying the whole day in the house because i will spend more time hanging around the city.

Also, can anyone here share forums for Guizhou and Hainan? Your help is very much welcome. Thank you.
Feb 28, 2007 11:08
  • CONIFER
The below forum is about health and fitness but you can talk and post anything in the general discussion forum.

http://livefitness.bbfast.com
Apr 23, 2008 12:52
GUEST08481 send me your prise an picture of cheapboard
Apr 24, 2008 02:41
  • JABAROOTOO
Where are you coming from????

You'll be lucky to survive a day on that budget. Even on the mainland it will probably cost you more than that per day. Unless you stop in a very small village paying Y10 per night for a bed and do nothing but walk around and only eat one meal a day. But then you have to get somewhere like that in the first place.

Good luck. I hope someone can suggest something but I think the information would be out there if there was something good and cheap.
Apr 24, 2008 23:00
  • SHESGOTTOBE
A late reply and I agree with Jabarootoo.

I was in Hongkong last November 2007. I, too don’t usually stay in my room during my stay. I only use the room for storing my luggage, for sleeping and for taking a shower. I figured I would be ok with the cheapest hotel in Kowloon along Nathan Road. I asked at the accommodations desk at the airport and they told me the cheapest they could give me was HK$ 400 a night. I took it. The hotel wasn’t luxurious but provided for my needs. I know you are looking for a lodging but still, HK$ 15-30 is very, very far from HK$400 a night. Hongkong is expensive. Can’t complain because that’s almost half the price I paid for my accommodation in Beijing. I don’t know how you can survive on that budget. A t-shirt I got from the night market already costs HK$100. One lunch meal I had was roughly HK$250. A glass of orange juice and a croissant at the HK Airport costs HK$90. O_o
Apr 25, 2008 23:32
  • JABAROOTOO
Shegottobe,
Unfortunately you have paid rather a lot for rooms in HK and Beijing. A nice cheap off the street kind of meal on HK will cost as little as HK15 and in Beijing maybe Y4/5 for a bowl of noodles

I paid Y120 but now it's Y140 for a nice twin share room, with private bath in a restored Siheyuan in Beijing in 2006. It is a Youth Hostel but the place has recently been on TV so it may get busier and a little more expensive. They have common share rooms share bathroom etc for Y50 for night

so much depends on where you ask and where you look for information. I found Beijing Accom online and I'm not sure that we booked but they were busy.
Apr 27, 2008 19:49
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Oh well, what’s done is done. Not gonna sweat over it.

Can you tell me the hotel name and website of the siheyuan in Beijing, if possible? (^_^)

I'll also try Beijing accomodation online.
Apr 28, 2008 05:15
  • DAVEC
Good luck finding somewhere cheap in HK, I usually pay 400 HK$ and the room is small.

If you find somewhere let us all know
Apr 28, 2008 20:11
  • LIONPOWER
Why need so low cost journey?
Apr 28, 2008 21:17
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Because we are stingy, Lionpower. Well, at least I am. O_o
Post a Reply to: Cheap Board and Lodging in Hong Kong
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code