Menu
When's the best time of the year to vist Tiger Leaping Gorge/Jade Dragon Snow Mountain?
Feb 27, 2007 17:13
  • WINDENERGY
I have a well-deserved two week vacation coming up this spring. Very interested in exploring the natural beauty of Yunan Province. I want to start the last two weeks in March, but fear it is too early in the spring to enjoy hiking outdoors. Can anybody tell me when the best time to experience these areas are?
Feb 28, 2007 07:12
  • STOCKTOV
you'll be fine travelling there at the end of March for sure. I was there in February last year (though last year was a very warm, dry winter for Yunnan) and I was in short sleeves in the warm sunshine hiking on the gorge.

though the winter was a bit heavier this year, my friends hiked the gorge last month and it was perfect weather and clear trails.

definitely get into the gorge this year if you have the chance, rumor has it the government is closing the gorge down next year as they're planning to damn the river and flood the gorge...

Feb 28, 2007 07:19
  • RITA
The best time to visit the Tiger Leaping Gorge is, definitely, rainy season, the local said so. I was there, unfortunately at dry season, it was beautiful indeed, but i could imagine how great it would be during rainy season.
Mar 2, 2007 23:35
  • JABAROOTOO
Remember while days can be pleasant, nights will be COLD
Post a Reply to: When's the best time of the year to vist Tiger Leaping Gorge/Jade Dragon Snow Mountain?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code