Menu
Visa card
Feb 27, 2007 22:37
  • NINGY
I've heard from someone that the shops in China, especially in Wuhan accept only visa cards from Bank of China. Is that true?
Feb 28, 2007 02:35
  • ROGERINCA
Have not been to Wuhan; however, I have used my VISA logo bank card in many stores in many other parts of China, without any problem.

As far as getting [cash] from an ATM machine, my USA card would only work in the Bank of China ATM machines.

Maybe that is what was meant ?? :)
Feb 28, 2007 07:27
rogerinca is right
Feb 28, 2007 23:29
  • ROGERINCA
Thank you Frank !!!

Just so you know, I do not need to be "right;" I just try to be as [accurate], as I can !! LOL

I like your avatar !!!!
Mar 1, 2007 00:24
  • APAULT
My Australian visa card worked in most ATM's, sometimes NOT in Bank of China! One problem you might encounter is that you probably have a 4 digit PIN whereas the Chinese standard is 6 digits. If you find an ATM that will not accept 4 digits try using two leading zeros. That worked for me.
Mar 1, 2007 03:51
  • NINGY
Everyone's been so helpful. Thank you! I'm rather nervous cos it's my first trip to China and I don't know anyone there
Mar 2, 2007 09:54
  • JABAROOTOO
You probably won't find too many shops anywhere in China that will accept your foreign Creidt Cards. Bank of China is the only bank that allows you to access your foreign Credit and Debit cards. It's a good idea to always carry a useful amount of cash with you in RMB.

Eftpos is a pretty new thing here in China and it is surprising where we can or cannot use our Chinese Debit cards let alone foreign ones.
Mar 2, 2007 09:54
  • JABAROOTOO
PS Major hotels will take credit cards too.
Post a Reply to: Visa card
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code