Menu
sakura in China?
Feb 28, 2007 21:59
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Hi all!
I've seen in the local TV in Hong Kong this morning that there are sakuras even in Guangzhou, south china but didn't quite catch it whereabout.
Anybody have seen in Guangzhou?

Feb 28, 2007 23:59
  • HEIDI
Hi, what sakura is? Is it the toy in the picture?
Mar 1, 2007 02:35
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Inspired by the peach and plum blossoms everywhere in Hong Kong during the Chinese new year, i am eager to view and photograph the cherry blossoms. March/April is the viewing season. Is there round the corner in China (i heard as close as to where i'm, in Guangzhou...)

Heidi, it was peach bloossom shrubs in a garden in Hong Kong in my pix (with my travelling 'model')^__^
Mar 1, 2007 03:24
Sakura grows in most Chinese cities I suppose. I suggest you visit parks or maybe on the White Cloud Mountain you can find sakuras. Visit the mountain, maybe you will find things interesting you more than sakuras. I know the mountain is so lush in trees.
Mar 1, 2007 07:20
  • ELLYSE
That's a kute picture! :) How did you do that?
I've been researching as well and I think there's a sakura festival at Qingdao in mid-April to early May. Not that close to Hong Kong though.
Mar 1, 2007 20:38
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Thanks! I'll hunt for the sakura this weekend in GZ.

ellyse, I was just playing with focus and objects in distances with a larger aperture in my pix.
Mar 2, 2007 07:02
  • LIZXLI
You may visit some universities in Guangzhou,like Zhongshan U,Jinan U,South China Normal U,etc.

Perhaps you are lucky to find some.
Feb 27, 2009 03:10
GUEST23248 Dear Lizxli,
I have seen it the "SAKULA ", It is so beautiful,i wish i can visit the region in the season when Cherry's trees are dancing and are proud of their beauty,
Is there any English university in the region you have mentioned?I am ending here and my e mail is as follows,
yahoo.com|aghdashlozaki
Regard,
Jamshi
Feb 27, 2009 06:20
  • ELLYSE
English university?!
Feb 28, 2009 23:06
  • FAERIEQUEENE
!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by ELLYSE

English university?!
Mar 23, 2009 06:15
GUEST90178 Wuhan University has a Sakura garden and it is the season now, best time to visit and the sakura trees as I was told - was imported from Japan !
East Lake in Wuhan has also Sakura.
Post a Reply to: sakura in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code