Menu
Chinese restaurant
Mar 2, 2007 09:39
  • LIONPOWER
From capital city to district city, very where, Chinese restaurant are available in our country. These are costly than the others in same grade. We availed these restaurants many time. Yes, there are some differences between the local style and these Chinese restaurants.
In 1992 when we visit China first time, search this kind of restaurant there. Wondered, not a single restaurant like our local style Chinese restaurant. That time our interpreter Jane did not find the clue. That time very few people can speak English. No internet, no mobile, so difficult to more search.
Return to our capital city we asked our local Chinese restaurant owner’s, “Why you are using false name – Chinese restaurant”. They have no practical idea about the real Chinese restaurant in China. Simply replied” Other people doing and we follow them”.

Later on, I think on it, why they are using name as Chinese restaurant ? ? ?
After many times visit to China, found a reply on it. What is that?
There is similarity only one point that is “Group eating”.

No single serve available these Chinese restaurant. All arrangement for group eating only. If you want to eat yourself alone, will pay for the group standard.

We have seen single serve standard restaurants are available in China but their standards are low.
Is there any standard level hotel in China have single serve standard?
What its name in Chinese?
Mar 3, 2007 11:30
  • BW750
Yes, many.
Just on the side of road or passage
Mar 3, 2007 12:27
  • CHYNAGYRL
China is a very big country and likewise there are many kinds of foods and restaurant styles... Here in Canada, when I was growing up the majority of restaurants were Cantonese. Now, we see more foods from different areas of China -- like Beijing, Shanghai. And Taiwanese food too. There's some particular dishes (American Chinese food) that we can only find in North America, I think. Like "chop suey" that was invented in San Francisco. The food I had in China was really different from the typical Chinese I ate in Canada. When most foreigners think of "Chinese food" they think of Cantonese or Sichuan food, never mind Beijing, Shanghai or other regional culinary traditions. I like them all :-)
Mar 6, 2007 08:51
  • FAERIEQUEENE
In France there is indeed the chinese restaurant stereotype that many go eating out for a change and for the ambiance, and they are grouped in Paris in the Asian district. Those are a mixture of vietnamese food and Chinese styled cuisine (cantonese vapour dim sum, simple Pekin and sichuan dishes, or simply chinese ingredients in chinese sauces....).

In Hong Kong and China, we are eating out for 2 and never come across any large table requirement. There are chinese restaurants doing banquet but they are serving small tables at the same time
Mar 8, 2007 12:36
  • BW750
Lion, what's your conclution?
Post a Reply to: Chinese restaurant
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code