Menu
Do you know Leifeng?
Mar 4, 2007 20:04
  • MAY001
Dear expat members, do you know whom he is?

Mar 5, 2007 00:10
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
Haha! Yes, of course! He's famous! And that's a great photo, too.

Aren't all Northeastern people living Lei Fengs? Or is that just a silly song from a TV show?
Mar 5, 2007 00:51
  • PEA28COCK
Leifeng was a great man. He dedicated all his short life to the country he loved deeply. He helped coutless people during his lifetime. He was our example and forever will be. All the Chinese, especially the younger generation should learn from him, particularly in the time when the traditional virtue is abandoned gradually. :)
Mar 5, 2007 00:55
  • PEA28COCK
Hi Chris, you have listen the song Northeastern People are Living Leifeng(s)? Why do you think it SILLY?

I think the name of the song just a metaphor, indicating that northerneastern people are warmhearted. :)
Mar 5, 2007 01:38
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
Sorry, no offence was intended, I just only know the song from tv, I've heard it from some sitcom set in the northeast, that's all. Yes, I know it's a metaphor and what it means; that part, of course, is not silly. Certainly didn't mean any offence by that, I'm sorry.
Mar 5, 2007 19:16
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
More about Lei Feng:

http://www.danwei.org/events/another_year_another_lei_feng.php

Note: The writer of this article might be a little irreverent, but I'm pretty sure he means no disrespect to Lei Feng.
Mar 5, 2007 20:41
  • SERENA07
If Leifeng really think of things and do things as his stories we have learnt from our schoolbooks and many other patriotic teaching materials sinece childhood, I must admit that he is great because of not only the good things he did, but also his advanced and innovatory thought which is said to be seen in the future so-called Communist Society.

Actually there is few people behaving as Leifeng now. That also is an impractical thing. As time goes by, we should have our new ways to do good, help each other, and form a harmonious society. Right?
Mar 6, 2007 00:48
  • MAY001
I hope we can not let Leifei as our model in the future because we are living in harmonious at that time.
Mar 6, 2007 03:00
  • HEIDI
Yes, sometimes helping others like Lei Feng may be misunderstood by others nowadays.
Mar 6, 2007 19:37
  • MAY001
Special tickets of Beijing Subway at Mar. 5:

Mar 7, 2007 19:48
  • CALIFORNIA
Northeastern are all alive Leifeng,haha:-)
Post a Reply to: Do you know Leifeng?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code