Menu
Purchasing sim card from airport
Mar 5, 2007 06:34
  • OUDEN
Hi
I am planning to come to Guangzhou in one week time can any body
Be nice to guide me about purchasing sim card
I want to know if it is possible to buy sim card for mobile telephone from Guangzhou airport if yes where on the airport I can buy which company is good and what it cost
Thanks

Mar 5, 2007 12:24
  • PRIMARY
Only two mobile phone firms in china,China Mobile and China Unicom.China Mobile is good,signal is strong.China Unicom is cheap,but signal is weak.Sim card's price is about RMB10-20 for normal number in downtown.At airport,it is more expensive.After you buy the sim card,you have to charge some money into the sim card by charging-money card which is valued RMB100,200,500.
Mar 6, 2007 11:47
  • ELLYSE
As far as I know, 200 RMB recharge cards have never existed. 500 RMB recharge cards supposedly exist, but I've never seen them. 100 RMB is widely available, and 50 RMB a little less so.
Main difference between the 2 companies is that China Mobile is GSM, China Unicom is CDMA. This poster is using a GSM phone.
Mar 8, 2007 21:27
  • BETWEENUS21
You cn also buy a pre-paid sim card at any 711 or at one of the local 24hr chain outlet (similiar to 711) or at many of the mobile phone outlets. However, do note that there are several types ie local guangzhou sim card or one that is able to be used throughtout china - china mobile is a better one.
Mar 28, 2012 02:44
GUEST29962 i want a sim card at ghanzhou airport and want to travel to changsha by high speed train by first class can u guide me
Mar 28, 2012 02:49
GUEST29962 what is the cost of the ticket from ghanzhou to changsha by first class and how to go from ghanzhou airport to ghanzhou railway station
Mar 28, 2012 04:21
GUEST4422
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST29962

what is the cost of the ticket from ghanzhou to changsha by first class and how to go from ghanzhou airport to ghanzhou railway station

Ticket price: CNY 505.
You have to take high speed trains (G trains) at Guangzhou South Railway Station.

Take north extension of subway line 3 to Jiahewanggang and then change subway line 2 to Guangzhou South Railway Station.
Jan 12, 2015 03:22
GUEST39632 Hi
My boss is going to Guangzhou tomorrow for a week .He requires a local SIM card for calling back to India. Please suggest the best sim cards. We expect it to b economical too :)
Is buying from airport a nice idea??
Thanks
Jan 12, 2015 20:24
GUEST675
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST39632

Hi
My boss is going to Guangzhou tomorrow for a week .He requires a local SIM card for calling back to India. Please suggest the best sim cards. We expect it to b economical too :)
Is buying from airport a nice idea??
Thanks

It depends on your boss' cellphone. Does his cellphone support GSM, WCDMA or CDMA?

Yes, he can buy one from the airport because the telcom opeators have their branches there and the staff usually can speak some English. Or he may go to the branches in the downtown area to buy sim cards too.
Feb 19, 2015 02:52
  • GANU
Hi
Can any body suggest me some cheap hotels to stay in guangzaou as we are planning to stay for 25 days. Rooms with microwave oven so that we can use our packed food.
Thanks in advance
Feb 22, 2015 01:51
GUEST5443
Quote:

Originally Posted by GANU

Hi
Can any body suggest me some cheap hotels to stay in guangzaou as we are planning to stay for 25 days. Rooms with microwave oven so that we can use our packed food.
Thanks in advance

In this case, I think you may try to rent an apartment for a month. When you arrive, you may find an house rental agent to help you.
Post a Reply to: Purchasing sim card from airport
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code