Menu
Small or grand restaurant, which one do you like?
Mar 5, 2007 19:17
  • PEA28COCK
Food is essential for our life and eating is one of the most enjoyable thing in the world. In this highly developed soceity, people are busy working, or rather busy earning a living for everyday. Therefore most of people choose restaurant to have their meals. Do you belong to that group of people? Which kind of restaurant will choose, small ones or just grand ones? :)
Mar 5, 2007 19:22
  • ELLEN77
Haha, that depends on one's budget I think. But I would rather choose one with pleasant environment, clean, tidy and not too noisy. This is the first glance which decides my entering it or not.
Mar 5, 2007 19:31
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
I definitely prefer smaller restaurants. I like to have a good, small restaurant nearby that I visit regularly. Although many smaller restaurants serve up terrible food or are dirty, there are also many that serve delicious food in a pleasant, clean environment. And it's even better if you make friends with the boss.

Bigger, fancier restaurants in my experience are over-priced and definitely over-rated. I find the food at such restaurants to be so refined it's lost any real flavour. I really don't like those places.

Of course, my wife's cooking is better than any restaurant, and her mother's cooking is better still.
Mar 5, 2007 19:41
  • MAY001
No matter big or not, tasty is the first!
Mar 5, 2007 19:51
  • CONNY129
I prefer to having meal at home ^_^
Mar 5, 2007 21:10
  • SERENA07
Those grand restaurants are over-priced without doubt. I think they are just suitable for business treat, because they are expensive and luxury. It is a strange logic of Chinese that the more expensive the meal is, the more sincerity you have for the business. That really sounds an unreasonable and bad habit.

For routine meals, I personally prefer smaller restaurants. Many small restaurants in my city have pleasant environment and delicious food. Some of them even have their stylish fittings and distinctive dishes. Most importantly, smaller restaurants are inexpensive. Well, why not go to these restaurants? :)
Mar 5, 2007 22:09
  • PEA28COCK
Hi guys,

thanks very much for you attention for my thread. For me, I like those smaller ones. One reason is that they are not very expensive. The price is acceptable for me. Another reason is that for me only these smaller ones can offer the most distinctive and genuine food. Chris is right. Food at such restaurants to be so refined it's lost any real flavour. :)
Mar 6, 2007 08:43
  • FAERIEQUEENE
When eating out i choose a restaurant balancing the quality of food and ambiance. Usually the smaller one are cosy. When travelling i'd also like to try out those with a tradition and authentic dishes.
Mar 9, 2007 01:33
  • APAULT
When can we come round to your place Conny? We can mix eastern and western culture - the visitors will bring the grog :)
Mar 9, 2007 23:16
  • LIONPOWER
Conny,
Yes, not only you, many or you may tell, every body like home food.
Question is that, when you out of home or can’t reach home at food time, then what is your choice?

One problem for me, it’s may be small or big restaurant, what is their serving style (Quantity?). Is it for single man or for group?

When ordering chicken, they serving half a chicken,
Mutton?? A big plate of mutton.
Fish?? Served a big fish.
Vagitable?? A big dish.

Generally I ordered 2/3 items, how I can eat these?

Is there any way to ordered small quantity of many items? How to say in the restaurant for this style?
Some times we ordered food seeing their poster in the restaurant. My God! These suffers more, heavy volume.
Mar 12, 2007 00:15
  • ROGERINCA
For me, the size of the restaurant is not the qualifier.

It is quality of food; size of portions; and then price.

I think the quality of the food and the uniqueness of it is what is most important. Also, presentation adds much to the feeling.

I have found this in large, medium, and small restaurants.

Once I find my favorites, I return again and again !! :)

Post a Reply to: Small or grand restaurant, which one do you like?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code