Menu
Skiing in Xinjiang?
Mar 9, 2007 22:37
Hello,
I read recently in "China Hospitality News" that a big new ski resort being built in Xinjiang. Has anyone ever skied up there? What’s it like?
Are there any ski tour packages from Beijing?
I hope this report is true as there are no challenging pistes nearby.
mm.
Mar 10, 2007 09:55
  • JABAROOTOO
Don't hold your breath on ski news. It's not a big sport here yet but give it time. Challenging, well there are other ways to meet this need.
Where I live we try crossing the street! LOL
Mar 12, 2007 02:20
Thanks for the feedback.
Learned from another board, the place is called Pingtian. www.pingtianresorts.com
I’ve skied what’s supposed to be China’s best (Yabuli) and wasn’t impressed. Maybe this will be better.
Thanks again.
Mar 12, 2007 08:12
  • JABAROOTOO
Glad you found somthing,
Are you going to try and ski it this season. Bit of a small world here sometimes. I had a meal with friends over the weekend and one of them happened to mention that he knew the owner of a new resort in Xinjiang. I didin't get a chance to follow up on any details about it or it's level of runs but when I do I'll pass on any more details I can for you.

All the best and lets know what it's like if you get there this season.
Mar 12, 2007 23:35

Thank you. The PingTian website looks pretty promising. Let me know if you come across more info. Maybe some of your friends ski?
Thanks again.
mm
Mar 13, 2007 09:23
  • JABAROOTOO
Just checked out the site myself and realize that it will not be open until later this year but it looks promising if it's anything like Sun Valley. I enjoyed my season skiing there with Clint Eastwood and co. a long time back now. It might be fun to ski Xinjiang while it is still developing.

This will be the one my friend was referring to as it seems to be an international venture. I'll have to ask if they ski/ied. He's from the US anyway. That's all I know at the moment.
Post a Reply to: Skiing in Xinjiang?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code