Menu
U.s. is unable to send more troops into Afghanistan and Iraq!
Mar 11, 2007 20:41
  • FRANKENSTEIN
Since bogged down in Afghanistan and Iraq, the U.S. military got a headache of selecting troops to the battlefield. What they can do? Only to consider postponing the soldiers return home, and resend those fallowing troops back to the battlefield. On the 9th, it was said that the U.S. military plans to increase its military presence in Baghdad has become "without straw" possibilities.

The Associated Press reported that for the U.S. military, the five-year war made them unable to send more recruits. To achieve the number of troops and complete plans to increase its military presence, the military officials consider to postpon the scheduled return date for the troops to return home in late summer, and send the next batch of troops to Afghanistan and Iraq ahead. Some of the troops will inevitably return to the battlefield even third time. The military previous year on the implementation of tasks for each soldier stay in the battlefield for a year, able to rest at home for two years may not be able to fulfill.

In January 2007, President Bush announced plans to send more troops, 21,500 troops will send to Iraq.David Petraeus, supreme commander of U.S. forces in Iraq, said need to continue to increase its military presence in the "long time after this summer," which could mean asking will continue until 2008.

Apart from additional 21,500 combat troops, front-line commanders also requested to send 4,000 to 7,000 logistics troops. Ultimately, there will be 30,000 soldiers in Iraq.
U.S. troops currently stationed in Iraq number about 140,000, according to latest estimates, asking for the completion of the project, the number will increase to nearly 170,000 troops. while an additional requirements have increased to 5.6 billion U.S. dollars from the original estimate of 6.6 billion U.S. dollars

Mar 11, 2007 23:16
  • KATRINA
United States faces its own problem.
Mar 12, 2007 20:13
  • WINDENERGY
Being an American I feel ashamed of President Bush's 'war on terrorism.More soldiers have died in Iraq than civilians killed in 9?11. And for what? Saddam has been removed and hanged, but who is really in control of the Iraqi government? I'm proud to say, in the truest sense of American independence and freedom, that I refuse to support a government that spends it's money on foreign campaigns of intrusion. I will stay in China,or other parts of Asia, until the Bush Administration is out of power.
Mar 12, 2007 20:39
  • JIMMYB
upstairs

Good decision!
Mar 12, 2007 22:49
  • CONNY129
It seems that Bush Administration is much more aggressive than previous .
Mar 26, 2007 18:32
  • SANYACHINA
"It seems that Bush Administration is much more aggressive than previous ."

Yes, but the previous was much more sexual ;) /I mean Clinton's 口交 incident/.
Post a Reply to: U.s. is unable to send more troops into Afghanistan and Iraq!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code