Menu
Looking for a good instrument stores in either Beijing or Shanghai
Mar 12, 2007 19:58
  • PUBLIUS
Hello all,

When in China, I would like to purchase either an Erhu or a Guqin to bring back to the states.

I have two questions:
1. Where can I buy functional instruments at reasonable prices (about how much)?
2. How difficult is it to bring such an instrument back to the US and how much do these methods cost?

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Publius
Mar 13, 2007 04:57
Hi
If you come to Shanghai,there's a famous store on Nanjing Road
Mar 13, 2007 22:29
  • FAERIEQUEENE
i have a Guqin, from Beijing, second handed one bought from a player, it costed about USD150. There are also the zithers called Guzheng or Zheng. I bought one from Shenzhen. The Zhengs cost from RMB700 to RMB40,000 in that instrument store. The ZHengs are more common. It depends whether you play it. Those with good sound quality is in the range of RMB1,000/1,500.
The Guqin was handcarried by my husband from Beijing to Hong Kong without problem with the customs or airline. The Zheng is more bulky and needed transport arrangement.
The stores should be able to advise you on the transport too.
Mar 14, 2007 08:09
  • LOVETRIP
Jiangjie in Beijing,is a good place for music instruments.near the Sharton Hotel.
Mar 14, 2007 09:49
  • PUBLIUS
Thank you everyone for your replies! You've been most helpful. Now I have some destinations in mind for both Beijing and Shanghai.

In Shenzhen I too saw zithers for about the 1000 to 2000 RMB range.

Cheers,

Publius
Post a Reply to: Looking for a good instrument stores in either Beijing or Shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code