Menu
New in Yantai
Mar 19, 2007 22:30
  • NEWBBIE
I'll be arriving in Yantai on 1st April. Totally new here so hope to meet some new friends that'll show me around.
Mar 21, 2007 05:03
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi there,

Welcome to China and Yantai.
It's a small enough place to get around in easily and you probably can see most of the sights yourself on just walking trips. I'm in the process of writing reviews about my visit during the summer and I didnt get to see it all but I loved it. Especailly sightseeing along the peninsular itself. Very interesting.

As far as meeting people, well, you'll just have to see what happens. Macdonalds and some of the small bars in the old quarter of town would be a good start. There is also a large Korean population in the area. I met some Germans who were working there too.
Mar 21, 2007 05:05
  • JABAROOTOO
BTW The old quarter, or what is left of it is down near Yangtai Shan near the waterfront. Hopefully you will make some Chinese friends very soon who will show you around and generally make sure you have a great time.
Mar 21, 2007 22:47
  • NEWBBIE
Thank you very much, but do you think that it's better for me to get a local guide to show me around cos I don't know what I'll need during my stay there and I'll need to go buy my stuffs over there? you have any reccommendations?
Mar 21, 2007 22:49
  • NEWBBIE
And not forgetting FOOD. I love to eat so if there's someone who can show me good eating places that would be just marvellous.
Post a Reply to: New in Yantai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code