Menu
Marriage between foreigners and Chinese people! Good or bad. A trend?
Mar 27, 2007 17:34
  • APAULT
Language is not the problem overall, because if a person can find some friends who speak their language, we don't need to speak to everybody :)

Generally, couples do not get started unless their is some communication and after that, well ChrisW has the answer, at least one of you has to learn more of the others language.
May 16, 2008 14:41
GUEST11918 My brother has brought a young Chinese woman twice to Canada....she was apparently 23 the first time and could barely speak English. Now she is 27, her English is perfect. She says she is a University educated nurse, her brother is a doctor. But she never talks about her parents, has no pictures to show us, never talks about friends. I know that it is because my brother, who is older (58) allows this, but she sits at home in the house she says will be her's when they marry, and does nothing. No meals. No housework. She lets him cook and clean and there is no offer of help. No studying for Canadian exams for nursing. I do not trust this because she will tell me nothing of herself. My brother is furious that I have told this young woman to please not sit on his lap and poke at him while I am there. I have asked her to please not wear her pyjamas when I visit. She tells me everyone in Hong Kong wears pyjamas at home, even with company. I am upset that this young woman appears to be a GIRL...in body shape and behaviour, and I am worried that she is being marketed. I do not trust someone who has no stories to tell me of her home, family and friends, and who does not even talk to my own Asian daughter-in-law. Yes, we have other Asians in our family and I am so proud of my daughter-in-law for being a wonderful addition to my family, a wonderful wife to my son and a wonderful mother to my half-Asian grandsons....who speak two languages perfectly and who understand both cultures because they are being raised Asian. What can anyone say about this girl and if she is honourable or am I justified in thinking her being private hides secrets? She finds Caucasians rude. Yet she will not look at me or talk to me and I am the oldest female in this family and the sister of the man she "says" she loves.
May 18, 2008 21:30
  • KEVIN0518
"Marriage between foreigners and Chinese people! Good or bad. A trend?"

It has nothing to do with "good" or "bad". As long as you love each other, you can get married. Is it a trend? I don't know if it has become a trend. However, many girls are dreaming of marrying a foreigner. Do they marry for love or for other reasons? Only they themselves have the answer.
May 19, 2008 00:25
  • JCNILE123
To GUEST11918,

((My brother has brought a young Chinese woman twice to Canada))
Good for your brother, after all it is his life and an old life at 58, (no offense)

((she was apparently 23 the first time and could barely speak English. Now she is 27, her English is perfect.))
Good for her, she is admirable, after only four years.

((She says she is a University educated nurse,))
So what? You can take it or you can live it!

((But she never talks about her parents, has no pictures to show us, never talks about friends.))
I think you are snooping, live her alone, it is her life.

((I know that it is because my brother, who is older (58) allows this))
If he is ok with it, then none of your own business!

((but she sits at home in the house she says will be her's when they marry, and does nothing. No meals. No housework. She lets him cook and clean and there is no offer of help))
So what, are you jealous because he has his own trophy wife?
By the way, are you married? I doubt it.

((I do not trust this because she will tell me nothing of herself))
Why does she have to tell you any?

((My brother is furious that I have told this young woman to please not sit on his lap and poke at him while I am there))
Good for him, other wise he will be a wimp; your jealousy is killing you!

((I have asked her to please not wear her pyjamas when I visit. She tells me everyone in Hong Kong wears pyjamas at home))
It can be worse, have he marry a Canadian woman she probably will naked all day long, and cheating with the neighbor.

((. I am upset that this young woman appears to be a GIRL...in body shape and behaviour))
Bingo! You are old and ugly woman, so you are dying of envy

((I do not trust someone who has no stories to tell me of her home, family and friends, and who does not even talk to my own Asian daughter-in-law))
She does not need nor she wants you to trust her, can you understand it?

((Yes, we have other Asians in our family and I am so proud of my daughter-in-law for being a wonderful addition to my family, a wonderful wife to my son and a wonderful mother to my half-Asian grandsons....who speak two languages perfectly and who understand both cultures because they are being raised Asian))
So, who cares?

((What can anyone say about this girl and if she is honourable or am I justified in thinking her being private hides secrets?))
I say to you... Get a life!

((She finds Caucasians rude))
I find you enormously annoying and with scramble eggs in between your ears.

((Yet she will not look at me or talk to me))
She is too nice; I will slam the door on your nosy face, you are a sick person, is time for you to go see the doctor... again, I think you are crazy.

((I am the oldest female in this family))
Get a life old woman...
May 19, 2008 01:09
  • MARRIE
Haha, JC you are amazing. I think you are screwing the anonymous up although he/she intented to screw others up.
May 19, 2008 07:54
  • APAULT
GUEST11918. As JCN says, you could be seen to be prying and overconcerned about your brother's affairs..BUT, I would also be concerned for the reasons you are. Skip the pyjama stuff, things like that are of little consequence, your position as the senior matriarch is not relevant either for most western countries, but her inactivity and her lack of a background do set alarm bells ringing.

No doubt u have warned yr bro and he has ignored you. Ok so let it go, if you keep on he will be eevn more determined. It's his choice!
May 19, 2008 12:03
  • GRIZ326
GUEST11918, your concerns may be well founded but even at 58 your brother needs to make his own mistakes and learn his own lessons.

You catch more bees with honey than with vinegar, so be sweet to this young woman.
May 19, 2008 21:03
  • DODGER
JC, that was a realy funny reply. But 58 old.....give me a break Chief.
Dodger.
May 19, 2008 21:22
  • SHESGOTTOBE
So much for age as a barometer for maturity. We have to acknowledge that there are women who have very strong maternal instincts that they wouldn't let go to the point of suffocating their family members. Geez.... A 58 year old man should know what he is doing. If not, well, that explains why this world is doomed. O_o
May 20, 2008 07:52
  • JCNILE123
Ok, Dodger, I spin there calling an 58 years old man old, whack me, He, he,

After all, I am 43 years old may self.

jc.

Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marriage between foreigners and Chinese people! Good or bad. A trend?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code