Menu
What to do?
Mar 25, 2007 22:27
  • NEWBBIE
I have to transit at Beijing to Yantai and there's a laspe of almost 4 hours, so what can I do in Beijing airport for that 4 hours? Any good recommendations?
Mar 25, 2007 23:13
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
Take a good, long book with you. Make sure you have at least four hours worth of reading left in it. In fact, keeping a good, long book spare, unread, for your stay in Beijing airport might be the best idea. One book for the flight to Beijing, another for the airport.
Mar 26, 2007 01:02
  • MAY001
Yes, I agree. It's quite impossible for you to travel around Beijing Airport in only four hours, I believe.
Mar 26, 2007 04:54
  • GURTY
Why not go to Xidan by the airpot bus to the downtown?
Airport → Xidan
Stops: Sanyuan Bridge – Dongzhimen – Dongsishitiao Bridge – Xidan
First Bus: 07:00
Final Bus: until the end of the last intraday scheduled flight

Xidan → Airport
Stops: Xidan – Dongzhimen – Jingxin Building – Capital Airport
First Bus: 05:40
Final Bus: 21:00
UrL: http://www.beijingtrip.com/transport/airport-bus.htm

Mar 26, 2007 06:41
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
Why not go to Xidan? Because by the time you clear customs and immigration, catch the bus to Xidan, get the bus back, allowing time for traffic (and there will be traffic) you'll be lucky to have enough time to check-in and clear security. Very lucky.
Mar 26, 2007 15:52
  • APAULT
I don't wanna say 'my whatever is bigger than yours' but.... I spent 12 hours in transit at Beijing airport 2 weeks ago (actually in international transit but I still had to exit thru customs and later re-enter). Unfortunately there is little in the immediate locality outside the airport. If you go to Xidan at least plan to get a taxi back. If you go to the upper floors in the terminal there are coffe shops etc, also an entertainment centre - I cannot remember what it has there, but I think massage etc.

By the way, Beijijng airport has already started applying the liquids security rules, but I think with some flexibility as they didn't actaully take my can of Aussie beer away from me!
Mar 26, 2007 21:13
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
They saw your Aussie passport and concluded you were carrying prescription medicine.

But yes, if you had 12 hours there, you could easily go downtown for a while. With only 4? Well, make use of the airport's facilities. But I still think you'd need a good book. Beijing airport isn't cheap.
Mar 27, 2007 16:07
  • APAULT
Yes indeed, the beer was prescription medicine :) And there are vending machines around the airport for life threatening emergencies. 8rmb for a standard can of the life giving amber fluid !
Mar 31, 2007 02:11
  • NEWBBIE
Thanks for all the info. I guess I'll just play safe bring a book along and probably go for a good massage. Thanks again.
Post a Reply to: What to do?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code