Menu
Is it reliable shopping online?
Mar 28, 2007 04:59
  • MENG
Hi,
without concrete records, shopping online is popular now in western countries, probably in China. There are some popular webs offer this kind of service in China. However, my question is if it is a reliable method to purchase what we want., including the size, color and quality. Frankly, I have never try. By the way, how to make sure that these businessmen are honest?

Hope to listen to your ideas, my friends!
Mar 28, 2007 05:20
  • CHETWYND
Hi Meng,
Hmmm..an honest businessman?? Sounds like a contradiction in terms!
Just kidding. I have bought and paid for many things online over many years now and so far I have never had any problems. Touch wood!
I think the way to go is to try to deal with well known and well run businesses because those businesses need to protect their good name. By cheating people the word would get around and they would be out of busines very quickly.
As to making a correct selection...well..I dont buy things like that online. I usually know exactly what I want and then buy.
Mar 28, 2007 20:13
Hi Meng,
Shopping online is also popular in southeastern China. Statistics says over 45 percentage of Chinese netizens have bought something through the internet. So it is also popular among Chinese.

Transactions online are most likely to be reliable as you don't have to pay directly to the shop owner, but to the third party instead. If you are not satisfied with what you buy, you can send it back to the owner in a certain time and get your money back.

In fact, i am considering having a shop online. hehe~~~
Mar 28, 2007 21:47
  • MAY001
I've gone some shopping online and no bad thing happened. But I only do it with reliable and notable sellers and companies.
Mar 29, 2007 00:17
  • AIRAN
I dont know about China, but i do lot of shopping online in US..its safe ,no issues I want to do online shopping in china but i am not getting good reviews ..the price of few mobile phones on ebay.com.cn is much lesser than that of store..but i am worried whether i should buy or not ?
Apr 2, 2007 04:03
  • MENG
Hi Steve, your words are helpful! Thank you! Thank all!
I'll try to view some believable website and do my first business online!!!

Apr 2, 2007 04:44
  • ELLEN77
HI AIRAN, you should care about the ads on the mobile phones, especially when the price is lower.
Oct 24, 2007 05:58
GUEST19011 Hi Everybody.

I would like sent to my fiend a gift. Please give me the Address some Web Page this sales Gift online in Cheng Du, China. Please reply to: yahoo.com|dlbquynh.

Thank you so much!
Jun 8, 2009 13:02
GUEST70242 Hi, I would like to ask anyone who has purchased online with any business in China. A company I am wanting to order from asks for money sent through western union. Once I pay I may never get the products. I've always used paypal in USA or protected sites.
This is a company selling brand name sneakers, handbags other accessories..etc.
How can I even be sure the company is reliable and notable as suggested above?? thanks
Jul 1, 2009 00:05
GUEST34212 go www.taobao.com
once you use it , you will never choose ebay again
Post a Reply to: Is it reliable shopping online?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code