Menu
Do you find the weather warmer than before?
Mar 29, 2007 22:52
  • ELLEN77
Recently I have heard a news that a photograph of the highest peak in the world, Mt. Everest, has bared most parts of her body that should have been covered by snows now due to the global tendency of warmness. Some joke that it is the 'Bared Mt. Everest'. I feel it will really be a pity that if I can't see the magical snow mountains.
In fact, I find the weather now is abnormally warm now in my living place. And I heard that due to the warmness, the travel to the 'ICY City' Harbin is also not so hot as before this winter.
What's your weather like in your living place? Do you have a clear feeling that it is more and more warmer now?
Mar 30, 2007 04:24
  • FAERIEQUEENE
I am currently in Hong Kong, and it's sweating today there is the rugby Sevens through Sunday. The weather just said it'll reach the unusual 40 degrees this summer here (33ºC was nearly the maximum)
Mar 30, 2007 19:47
  • ELLEN77
OH, it's terrible, how could the citizens bear it.
I have heard that the highest temperatue of Xian these days also has reached over 28ºC, which creates a new record since 1967 compared to the same period.
Mar 31, 2007 00:51
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
Wow. Beijing's temperatures are still quite normal for this time of year (I think), but we've had several quite mild winters in a row. Apparently global warming will bring more rain to Beijing, but it'll still get drier, because the higher temperatures will mean more evaporation from rivers, lakes and reservoirs, and that increase in evaporation will be greater than the increase in rainfall. Neither easy nor pleasant to try getting one's head around that!
Mar 31, 2007 18:51
  • APAULT
In London now it is normal London, grey, wet and cool :( Soon be time to leave :)
Apr 1, 2007 20:48
  • ELLEN77
This makes think of Dinosaurs, who were such big and upgrowing animals but immediately disappered due to the severe climate change on the earth.
Would humans encounter the same fate if this continues?
Apr 2, 2007 00:46
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
I think we'll be cut down to size- we've been so arrogantly trashing the earth it's long since time nature bit back- but I don't think we'll disappear. We're too adaptable for that. Humans are the only species that can be found on every continent except Antarctica living in every environment except the highest altitudes.
Apr 2, 2007 04:42
  • ELLEN77
But the adaptation may take some time. What about us if the change is severe and sudden? In front of the nature we are so small.
Apr 3, 2007 20:15
  • MAY001
Dont' worry. Follow the Darwin's evolutionism
Apr 4, 2007 00:23
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
I didn't mean adaptable in the evolutionary sense, although in that sense we certainly are very adaptable, I meant adaptable in that modern humans from any country can adapt to life in almost any part of the world. I'm sure we'll find ways to cope with climate change.
Apr 7, 2007 21:07
  • ELLEN77
Thanks May and Chris, I'm less worried now.
But I think we humans really should do something to protect the environment now, I really would not like our world is less and less of the water.
I have an idea, can we share some ways that is benificial to the global environment here? I mean something we may ignore in our daily life but is easily within our reach. So we can do more what we can do.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you find the weather warmer than before?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code