Menu
To save a stranger's life by sacrificing his own job, great man!
Mar 30, 2007 03:05
  • CAOJUAN157
In order to buy time for taking a dying patient to hospital, a taxi driver in Hefei Province passed 6 red lights in one breath. As a result, the patient was saved to life, but the pitiful driver would be punished by the Transportation Law--his lisence would be withdrawn and he was very likely to lose his job!
What a great taxi driver! Let us applaud for his gorgeous deed!!!
Mar 30, 2007 03:52
  • CAOJUAN157
Usually, when 'Law' meets with ' Virtue', the former will a concession.
After a heated discussion about whethrer to give punishment, traffic police decided that the taxi driver, Mr.Yang would not be punished due to his good motive, but they said it was an exceptional case.
Nevertheless, the local police suggested that the best way to deal with this matter is like this. No.1 choice is to dial 120 to call for an ambulance which is allowed to pass the red light. No.2 is to dial122 or 110, asking for the help of traffic police to open a special passage.
Mar 30, 2007 04:03
  • MAY001
And after dialing all the numbers, the patient died.
Mar 30, 2007 09:04
  • LOVECHINA2
May,
How true your words are.In America 911 is the Emergency number.A couple years ago a woman next door to me overdosed on drugs.I called 911 and before I could tell them what the emergency was,I was put on hold!!The woman died of the drug overdose.Maybe she would have died anyway but it still sticks in my mind that I was put on hold.
Mar 30, 2007 13:43
  • SANYACHINA
"And after dialing all the numbers, the patient died."

I am not sure, but if the dialing person can not speak Chinese then...
Mar 30, 2007 13:44
  • SANYACHINA
"The woman died of the drug overdose."

A typical Western problem. In China it is theoretically impossible!
Mar 30, 2007 14:17
  • LOVECHINA2
Sanya,
Guess you have not been in China that long or your eyes are closed.I have seen people shooting up drugs when I have been in China.Drugs are not just a American problem it is a world wide problem.
Mar 30, 2007 18:59
  • SANYACHINA
In China when our police discover some criminals trading drugs...you know...mortal punishment. Also ... I don't know why, hehe, but here the students DO NOT smoke even marijuana. And I, not only I, but all my friends and family here NEVER met a person shooting up drugs. But, probably, because of this they are young and they do not lived enough in China - only 26 - 30 years on average...Yes...

So, what? You would like to believe you that the number of the narcomen in USA and China is equal?

Man, first of all, HERE is impossible to find some guys selling drugs in front of the schools, policestations, etc. ONLY in some Disco-clubs they are trying to sell some extazys, but as I know policemen are catching them often.

Mar 30, 2007 19:06
  • APAULT
Sanya. Can you please retranslate the Chinese word you had in mind for 'blackmen' as that would be racist and I am sure you didn't mean to be. ( In another thread this evening I answered a balck American who asked about racism against blacks and I said it is minimal. ) Did you mean dealers on the black market?

(From what I have seen and been told, you might find the Beijing drug scene different from what you are used to...but I will agree 100% that is a bad outside influence)
Mar 30, 2007 19:15
  • LOVECHINA2
My statement was to your "In China it is theoretically impossible"
I agree with you about all the bad things that go in in America.and it was a shame that the woman I talked about died and I was put on "Hold when I tried to call the Emergency number to get her help.
Mar 30, 2007 19:54
  • MAY001
Ok, I'm just exaggerating. But it's really possible, right? I think it is a better way to send the patient to the hospital. To wait for the help may cost too much time! For some patient, even one minute late is a death warrant.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: To save a stranger's life by sacrificing his own job, great man!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code