Menu
When's peak travel season in China?
Mar 30, 2007 19:26
  • KINIRA
I am going to go to China from 5/9 to 7/10.
I am just wondering when the peak travel season in China starts.
Is it necessary to book everything in advance?
(such as train tickets or hostels or flight tickets)
Or will I be able to buy the ticket just right before the train departs and get a room in a hostel once I arrive in a city?

I will be traveling from Beijing to Xian, then to Chengdu, Yunnan, Guilin, Guangzhou.
Mar 31, 2007 01:05
  • EVENING
Hi Kinira,

Peak season in China usually refer to some golden holiday weeks, such as Labor Day Holiday (May 1st to May 7th), National Day Holiday (October 1st to October 7th), Spring Festival Holiday (January 1st to Jaunrary 7th, lunar calendar). Sometimes, winter vacation (January to March)and summer vacation (July to Auguest) will also cause busy transportation because thousands of colledge students back home or universtiy.

During the peak season, all of the travel expense will be more than usual. It's quite necessary to book your tickets in advance as early as possible!!

The city you choose are all marvellous! Have a nice trip in China!

Why not look for some information on TCG site, you will find it quite useful!

Mar 31, 2007 01:41
  • ANTHEA
In China, there are tourism high season(or peak season) and low season. Generally, high season refers to the months from March to October, while the low season is from November to next February. Many scenic spots and hotels may have different rates for the high and low seasons.
Mar 31, 2007 01:44
  • ANTHEA
Sorry, made a mistake, November should be the high season.
Mar 31, 2007 20:54
  • COLAIDO
1th-7th otc is the peak periods for travelling,my suggestion is stay in one city during this periods.after the peak week, u can buy a air ticket in half price even.
Mar 31, 2007 21:55
  • MELODYCHOW
Since your planning duration in China is just the high travel season, you'd better make all reservations in advance before your depature. But do not worry. The climate of your chosen period is better.
Apr 1, 2007 13:00
  • KINIRA
Thanks, everyone!
I appreciate your help.
I am trying to plan as much as possible, but some of the stuff will be kind of spontaneous (or on pure impulse) so I just want to see how well I can get around...

Aug 30, 2016 16:09
GUEST40131 I am travelling in October 13 to Oct 18 to Huangshan, Anhui, is it going to be crowded at that time? Thanks.

Aug 30, 2016 20:14
GUESTALICE As China's National Day holiday starts from October 1 to 7, the most crowded time should be at that time. Afterwards, there will be fewer people, so I think it's fine to visit Huangshuan during October 13 to 18.
Post a Reply to: When's peak travel season in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code