Menu
spam
Apr 1, 2007 23:23
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
I received a message in my message box here from someone with the user name CYNTHIAKOFFI, whose account seems to have been deleted. The message was a typical "Nigerian scam", although in this case Miss Koffi claims to be from Sierra Leone. It was the usual deal, laughable in its pathetic attempts to fool me, but unfortunately some people do fall for this kind of scam. The message was:

"Dearest
I am sorry intruding into your privacy.
I am Miss Cynthia Koffi,the only daugther of Dr Edmond Norio Koffi /CEO of the Sierra-Leone national Gold & Diamond Mining Corporation who was assisnated by unknown gun men on his way to his residential home.
I am sending this letter from Ivory Coast where I taking refuge after my late Parents were assisnated.
It is my pleasure communicating with you for the first time and believing that it will lead to a better relationship between us, also hope you will not lookdown this trust and confidence I put in you.
I will give you all the informations why i contact you immediatly i get a positive reply from you. plz contact me with my email ( yahoo.ca|infocynthia_koffi )
Miss Cynthia Koffi."

The usual deal, transparently a scam. If anybody receives a similar message, ignore it. Also, is there a way for admin to crack down on such abuse of the forum?
Apr 2, 2007 00:51
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Hi Chris,

Yes many of us have received such a message! Thanks for giving other members such a warning! I have blocked CYNTHIAKOFF's ID and hope this would stop him from doing such boring and troublesome intrigues!

Dear all, please be alert about the spams!

Siva: )

Apr 2, 2007 04:38
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
Thanks, Siva.
Apr 7, 2007 22:42
  • LEMONCACTUS
Hi Siva,

I got a couple of spams today from SAMUEL2 and KONE22. I just delete them and forget about it, but perhaps we could set up a spam thread where we can post the name of spammers for you guys to look into their messages and delete the users as quickly as possible ? Is this useful or even viable - what do you think ?
Apr 8, 2007 20:31
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Hi Lemoncactus,
Thanks for such a good idea! I will soon set up such a thread and put it on top of all threads in Talk to Us. It will be convienent for you members and particularly helpful to us! : )
Thanks again!
Truly
Siva : )

Apr 8, 2007 23:36
  • CHETWYND
Hi all,
I too have been spammed by Samuel 2. It seems theyre targeting this site at the moment. Good idea to have a thread to post to.
Apr 9, 2007 02:25
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Hi all,
We already have such a thread in Talk to Us!
Thanks for all your attention!
cheers
Siva : )
Post a Reply to: spam
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code