Menu
Traveling alone from Hong Kong to Beijing
Apr 2, 2007 17:17
  • STEALTH7SS
Hey!!

I'm thinking about taking a month to travel between Hong Kong and Beijing. I know it'd be a great experience, but I'm not sure how easy it will be to find my way alone between the cities. Can someone give me some advice on how best to do a trip like that while seeing a good bit of the country-side?

Adam
Apr 2, 2007 21:57
  • BETWEENUS21
if u really like to see the country's landscape, then if u have the time - do take the HK-Beijing train direct service which will take almost 28 hrs - but opt for the more comfortable soft sleeper - however the fare is only marginally cheaper than if one flies from say shenzhen to beijing.
Apr 3, 2007 02:03
  • JABAROOTOO
Traveling is easy. Just get a good map and take your time Pick a few places in between that you'd really like to visit and the rest will just happen. There are plenty of hotels in cities especially near the airport so you needn't worry too much.

Buses for short half day travel and trains for longer overnight trips.

Just get started and enjoy yourself.
Apr 3, 2007 03:13
  • COLAIDO
i can do nothing about honkong, but when u r in beijing, just call me, my phone NO.is (86)13146754870,my skype is hotamil.com|colaido_lee
Apr 3, 2007 22:52
  • COLAIDO
sorry,my skype is colaido_lee
May 9, 2007 04:02
  • HOPE2008
hello, everyone, If you want to visit Beijing, please contact Hope, me, my mobile is 13371778306, my tel is 81625539, email: 126.com|yyyj2008

We can provide you with multiple services such as accomodation, tour guide , translation, even find where to buy the genuine Chinese handicrafts etc...

Trust me,I also hope you will have a wonderful trip in Beijing, in China . We will do our best to satisfy your needs.

If you have any questions , please do not hesitate to contact me, Hope.

Aug 25, 2008 22:13
GUEST38150 hey guys i want to travel to china by myself i have 10,000 australian dollars to spend there just wondering how long that will last me i would prefer to stay in china for a year and work if possible also want to cross over to india for a few months
Aug 26, 2008 03:07
  • ELLYSE
Update your history and geography. China and India do NOT have share overland border crossings. You'll have to fly if you want to travel between these 2 countries, or go overland via Pakistan.
How long 10000 AUD will last you depends on where you're staying, what you're doing and your spending habits. How long is a piece of string?
Aug 26, 2008 09:10
  • APAULT
A$10,000 would last me just about a year living in budget hotels and hostels (avg about 60rmb), spending less than 50 rmb a day on travel (the slower you travel, the lower the avg cost per day) and about the same on food and drink. Entrance fees add up a bit but less as you go on - you do learn which not to visit. You spend less if you do not meet up with Chinese friends as that invariably means bigger meal bills, (I always pay unless the friends are clearly well off) but you also miss a lot.

Remember you will need a multi entry visa and at best will have to exit the mainland every three months.
Aug 26, 2008 20:27
  • BARONTWANGLE
Paul - want to take me out for a meal sometime?!!!!
Aug 27, 2008 03:07
GUEST35109 I do know my geography thank you very much ellyse unlike some people i was not born in a bubble! iam flying to india from china to see my girlfriend thanks for your witty comments! apault thanks for your reply youve given me some great information i appreciate it very much...
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Traveling alone from Hong Kong to Beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code