Menu
emigrating to china
Apr 23, 2007 01:01
  • YUHAOROMAN
pursuant to Opinions of the Ministry of Construction, the Ministry of Commerce, National Development and Reform Commission, the People's Bank of China, the State Administration of Industry and Commerce and the State Administration of Foreign Exchange concerning Regulating the Access to and Administration of Foreign Investment in the Real Estate Market:

A branch or representative office, established in China by an overseas institution (except for an enterprise that has been approved to engage in real estate operation) or a foreign individual that has worked or studied in China for more than 1 year may purchase a commercial house according to his actual needs for self-use or self-accommodation, yet shall not purchase any commercial house not for self-use or self-accommodation. An overseas institution without any branch or representative office in China or a foreign individual that has not yet worked or studied for more than 1 year in China may not purchase any commercial house. A Hong Kong, Macao or Taiwan resident or an overseas Chinese may purchase a certain area of commercial house for self accommodation within China in line with his needs.

So actually, foreign individual can buy property, but there is restriction, the reason for that is to prevent overseas hot money flowing into chinese property market and avoid economic bubble.

regards,

Steven
May 7, 2007 09:04
  • LOEB
welcome to China!!!
May 12, 2007 01:24
  • JOANNA7938
welcome to Chengdu,it's really a nice place for relaxing.beautiful landscapes,lovely giant panda,and lots of delicious food.
Jun 2, 2007 11:07
  • APAULT
But Yuhaoroman, the foreigner must have a rsident's permit. That does not apply to people working form overseas does it? Surely it mostly means you must have at least a Z visa, an F visa would not qulaify you?

Is this correct?
Jun 13, 2008 15:16
GUEST01910 Hello, I recently married my chinese girlfreind, now my wife, and want simply to know whether or not I / we can actualy go to live in her home city of shenyang.......what would I have to do to be allowed to do this. She own her own house there, and we have enough money in the bank to support ourselves. Many thanks Matt
Jun 14, 2008 11:25
  • APAULT
You will need to register your address with the police and show them your passport with the appropriate visa.
Jun 20, 2009 00:45
GUESTSCARLETT Have you successful buy any properties in CHINA??
Aug 5, 2011 10:13
GUESTWILSON I just like to become a Chinese citizen one day, USA has got a DV Lottery Opportunity so I don't know what facility does china have for those of us who fancy China.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: emigrating to china
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code