Menu
Travel China in July-August
Apr 4, 2007 22:07
  • SUNSETTE
Hi, I'm planning to visit Sichuan area...Jiuzhaigou, Leshan, Emeishan, Chengdu at the end of July and into August for about 2-2.5 weeks. If you're heading toward that area and would like a travel companion, please drop me a line : ) I'm a Chinese American from Philadelphia and will be on my summer break from teaching little kiddies.
Apr 5, 2007 02:25
  • CALIFORNIA
So hot!!!
Apr 5, 2007 02:45
  • MAY001
Yes, July-August can be quite hot in Sichuan.
Apr 5, 2007 22:26
  • LIONPOWER
Is hot a problem for visitor?
Apr 5, 2007 22:51
  • MAY001
Not a problem. Just not as comfortable as usual.
Apr 7, 2007 17:30
  • WINDWALKER
hi sunsette,
forget Jiuzhaigou, Emeishan or Huanglong, unless you want to see tons of tourists and 'artificial Tibet'.
and it's hot too, just like Florida, but with no gators!
Jun 11, 2007 20:30
I have a bit of time form 24/7 to 4/8 - I will be in Shenzhen on 24/7 and should end up in beijing on 4/8. Let me k now what your travel plans are and maybe we can work something out. I am an accor staff member and I get pretty good discounts in accor hotels all over. I like to travel ona budget but still in style.. gmail.com|thm1973
Jun 13, 2007 01:57
  • SALLYPINK
Hey i teach little kiddies too and will be on my summer break...I should be in Chengdu area at the end of July...not completely sure though as im having some visa problems...(im english living in qatar).
Keep in touch and maybe our paths will cross
Sally
Jun 13, 2007 08:08
  • JCNILE123
what is so wrong with hot summer days?? in america most people go to the beach in summer, and do many outside nice things.
if we go to hawaii we expect wether to be hot, if not them the vacation will be a failure, yes you are right is hot but so beautiful, just take with you a good sun protection, and enjoy it.
i think that as a chinese american you will love everything about the land of your roots, it is a paradise in earth, so diverse and unique,
the people the best!,,,,,,,,,,,,,, maybe some people will tell you that winter is so cold, but is winter!!!!!!!!!
Jun 13, 2007 09:24
  • JABAROOTOO
Yes,
the weather is not such an issue but can I suggest you head even further west like wildwalker suggests and experience something a little more unusual. head out to Marerkang and Kanding and beyond. Check out Chinabackpackers.com for some good information about what to see and how to get about. I also intend to post reviews but may not be in time for you.

What ever happens enjoy your trip
Post a Reply to: Travel China in July-August
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code