Menu
Where will we be buried when we die?
Apr 5, 2007 05:10
  • LEOPOLD219
Recently, I heard a piece of news. It is said that the price of buying a piece of cemetery for the dead has surpassed the housing price in some cities in China. It is really amazing. In Guangzhou and Dongguan, the price of a piece of cemetery is at least 10,000 per square meter. Why? Can you explain it?
Apr 7, 2007 21:01
  • ELLEN77
Really, that's really surprising. I know that the government has enacted seriouly in the countryside to avoild the earth bury, and all the hill-like tombs in the field have been forced to be flattened, so that they would not occupy the farming land. But the land in the city, which is always scanty, really cannot afford more dead.
I have heard that some people buried the ashes of the dead beside a tree, which can nourish the tree. the nature is also a good rest place for the dead. This is probably a good way.
Apr 7, 2007 23:39
  • LIONPOWER
No Ellen, you can't change the basic process.
What's basic process of Chinese people after death?
Apr 8, 2007 02:12
  • KEVIN0518
Well, in the countryside when a person dies, his or her sons and daughters will follow the traditional rules. After death, his or her relatives will come to the dead's home to commemorate him and then they will have a big feast.After that, the dead will be buried under the earth .Now in some places the government has regulated that the dead must be incinerated. Some people can not accept this because they think that it is cruel.In cities, the dead will be incinerated after death and then the bone ash of the dead will be buried in cemetery.The trend is that the way is used in cities will gradually be adopted in countryside.
I think that is a good way.The reason is that if we adopt the traditional way, more land will be occupied. The fact is that we do not have enough land.If we change it, we can save some land. However, we should be reasonable and cautious. The situation mentioned above must be avoided and changed.
Apr 8, 2007 02:17
  • ELLEN77
hi Lp, usually the body of the dead would be placed in a funeral home or one's home (Mostly in the countryside) for three days, during which the family memebers or reletives can see it. Then it will be dressed anew and burnt and later there will be a ceremony for the ashes be buried.
Apr 8, 2007 05:08
  • LIONPOWER
Ellen,
This is old or new tradition?
Apr 8, 2007 20:23
  • ELLEN77
I think the general process of it remains
Apr 8, 2007 22:25
  • MAY001
I'd rather let my bone ash become diamond and then gave it to my kid.
Apr 9, 2007 11:33
  • LIONPOWER
Who will convert the ash in to Diamond?
Apr 9, 2007 19:34
  • APAULT
Unfortunately I believe it costs more to make a diamond from your ashes than the cost of buying a mined diamond :(
Apr 9, 2007 19:37
  • APAULT
My body won't be much use to me once the heart has stopped so it is available for medicine for spare parts (if my old body is any use!), for medical research, or for forensic research.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Where will we be buried when we die?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code