Menu
China to Hold First International Festival on Intangible Cultural Heritage
Apr 6, 2007 10:17
  • LIONPOWER
Do you know~~~~~~~~

China will hold its first international conference on intangible cultural heritage (ICH) protection this May, the Chinese Ministry of Culture (CMC) announced on Wednesday.

The first China intangible cultural heritage festival will be held from May 23 to June 10 in Chengdu, the capital of southwest China's Sichuan province, which has a significant ICH and where the local government has taken effective measures to protect it, said Ding Wei, assistant to China's Minister of Culture.
Apr 6, 2007 10:38
  • LIONPOWER
Sorry next part tomorrow
Apr 6, 2007 18:28
  • APAULT
I know all three words in 'intangible cultural heritage', but I wonder what they mean together! I look forward to part two of this thought provoking serialised drama ! :)
Apr 6, 2007 20:51
  • SERENA07
'intangible cultural heritage'

Paul, I think it includes folk customs, dialects, local festivals, aboriginal music...
Apr 8, 2007 02:04
  • ELLEN77
Yes, Serena is right. I heard that some kinds of Tibetan dances, and some instruments used in the dance, such as drum can all be ICH.
Apr 8, 2007 14:53
  • APAULT
OK, thanks. I shopuld have looked it up first. It seems it is a UNESCO term to mean those things you have described and used to distinguish from 'tangible' buildings and gardens.

"What will they think of next?" Lol
Apr 8, 2007 20:06
  • MAY001
I'm quite interested in this meeting.
Post a Reply to: China to Hold First International Festival on Intangible Cultural Heritage
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code