Menu
age, a secret?
May 5, 2007 01:23
  • MELODYCHOW
The main reason that women keep their age as a cecret is they are psychologically 'afraid of being old'. I think everyone may have the same feeling. Now I've already had a fear of being old, but luckily, I'm like the teenage....haha...even seems ten years younger than my real age. :)))
Nov 21, 2011 14:53
GUEST58276 I am looking into teaching English in China but have read that it is very difficult for older women to find positions. I am (a youthful) 55. Any input would be greatly appreciated - thank you!
Nov 21, 2011 20:37
GUEST27856
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST58276

I am looking into teaching English in China but have read that it is very difficult for older women to find positions. I am (a youthful) 55. Any input would be greatly appreciated - thank you!

I don't know but I had a Oral English teacher who was 65 years old when I was in college. She even had something wrong with her feet. But she still taught us English.
Nov 25, 2011 05:58
GUEST63123 Assuming you are a foreigner to China your employer will need to provide you with a Z visa. This is replaced with working and resident permits after you arrive. The employer must be registered with the government to employ foreigners to provide the Z visa. To do this it needs to comply with regulations. These include:

Possess at least a Bachelors degree
Be below Chinese retirement age (regular female workers retire at 50 while female public servants retire at 55. Men retire at 60)

In some circumstances regulations can be relaxed (in areas where recruitment is difficult)

It is illegal to work in China without a Z visa.
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: age, a secret?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code