Menu
Stopping charging for inquiration on ATM in Chinese banks
Apr 7, 2007 22:49
  • ELLEN77
It is said that the main Chinese banks will stop charging for the inquiration on ATM machines by the IC cards. The exact time is still discussed now.
Apr 7, 2007 22:58
  • ELLEN77
It is said that 60% of the cross-bank trade focuses on the inquiration, so this sum of fee had been demanded since the last June, which made this trade gradually decreasd in these 10 months. So now Chinese Bank Committee has decided to stop this. The last deadline is 20 of this month.
This is really a good measure that the Chinese banks has enacted.
Apr 8, 2007 02:31
  • KEVIN0518
To charge for inquiration on ATM in Chinese banks is very unreasonable. In my opioion, the fee for withdrawing money across banks also should not be charged. Is that right?
Apr 8, 2007 04:02
  • GURTY
Yes, Kenvin. I couldn't agree with you more.
In that case, all the banks will not bother to install many ATMs at their best.
If all banks sharethe ATMs already installed,the ATMs are already enough.
Apr 8, 2007 14:02
  • APAULT
In Australia some banks charge some don't. Historically chanrges come and go as the management tries different tactics to make money or responds to consumers (who may go to othere banks, or may just happily pay!). The Aus a government agency has recognised they charge to much for inquires (US) / enquiries (UK) and has imposed a few rules on this.

As not all banks have the same number of ATM's, or they are not in such good locations, I think there will always be some charges for using 'other' ATMs - but they should be reasonable.

I would expect the same to happen in China - the fees will come and go for the same reasons.
Post a Reply to: Stopping charging for inquiration on ATM in Chinese banks
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code