Menu
Taxi in Yichang
Apr 11, 2007 15:23
  • AMINHALL
I am taking a Yangtzee cruise and I am unable to find a flight from Yichang to Shanghai at the appropriate time - however this a flight from Wuhan to Shanghai. Would it be possible to hire a taxi to take us from the cruise dock to the Wuhan airport? I know the bus takes 4 hours - so a car should take considerably less. I would appreciate any assistance you can give me. Thanks, Cindy
Apr 12, 2007 12:01
  • JABAROOTOO
Firstly, the cruise dock is now at the new dam site although you probably will not be told this, more than 30kms from downtown Yichang and Wuhan is another four hours away by bus. Even in a car this could still be a 4/5 hour trip and not the sort of thing a taxi is willing to do. Where will he get the return fare from unless you pay it.

I was just last month quoted Y300/ Y500 for a car from the cruise ship to the airport just 70kms so I shudder to think what someone would ask for the trip to Wuhan or what some people have had to pay.

(We made other arrangements which were more suitable to all concerned - just the cost of the airport shuttle - Y20)

A day hire of a vehicle and driver in most cities can vary from Y200 to Y1000 and will depend on the milage covered as well. Can you get a flight out of Yichang via somewhere else to Shanghai or change your Shanghai onward arrangements.

All the best
Jun 27, 2007 04:17
  • ELLYSE
By the time you reach Wuhan it would at least be 2000. Count on staying 1 night in Wuhan and flying the next day.
Post a Reply to: Taxi in Yichang
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code