Menu
How much does a beggar win?
Apr 12, 2007 19:43
  • CAOJUAN157
Beggars in Xian earn more than those of America, can you believe it?

Apr 12, 2007 19:45
  • CAOJUAN157
These pictures were shot on the most prosperous street—Dongda Jie. Just look, they were collecting their daily income. According to clerks of the near banks, these beggars roughly deposit 100 to 200 RMB per day. What’s worse, many of these so-called beggars were fake ones—a certain number of disabled beggars are actually healthy people.
Hearing this, still want to give money to beggars next time?

Apr 12, 2007 19:55
  • MAY001
If the begger want money, give him some food; If the begger want food, give him some money.
Apr 12, 2007 20:03
  • SERENA07
Excellent comment, May!
Apr 13, 2007 11:32
  • SANYACHINA
YES, I BELIEVE IT AND I KNOW IT. But some people here like him:
_____
Sorry SanyaC but I am not so sure the beggars are as you say. I would like to see the evidence of beggars earning this much. I have watched beggars because people told me this story. The ones I checked out were just getting by, they received very little. It seems to me that this is a convenient story to ease peoples' consciences when they don't give. As for driving big cars, I checked out one beggar in Shanghai working a spot near a backpacker hostel who probablty did better than most. He walked (actually, hobbled) a few blocks and slept under a bridge.
______

THINK THAT ALL OF THEM ARE REAL AND PITY...I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH FOR SHOWIG US THIS PICTURE/-S!!!! Now I hope he and the others opponents will understand what did I mean!
Apr 13, 2007 11:59
  • SANYACHINA
Yes, it is. In fact I said it few days ago here:

http://community.travelchinaguide.com/forum2.asp?pp=1&i=36251&page=4
"I told you that I saw it on CCTV. Anyway, if you think that 99% of the beggars are not fake -please, spend you money, it is your choice.
THE TRUE BEGGAR IS HAPPY EVEN IF YOU GIVE HIM SOME
I TRYED TO BUY THEM SOME FOOD - the rusult was 1/5 REAL. OF COURSE IT IS JUST AN INDIVIDUAL EXPIRIENCE. So it is your choice - if you like - give them money and stimulate them to use this parasitic way of existance."
Apr 13, 2007 13:10
  • CHYNAGYRL
It's hard to believe that every beggar earns that much. It's common for Chinese people to be cynical about beggars, but I don't think it's warranted as a general truth about all beggars across China!! There are some bad apples unfortunately, but generally people who have to beg are struggling to make a living. I can tell you that if I didn't work a regular job here in Canada, within a few months I could be living on the street, because the cost of living is pretty high.
Apr 13, 2007 16:25
  • SANYACHINA
1. http://www.wowwi.orc.ru/views/1-6.htm

Translate this page with some tool as Google Translate and see how terrible are some of the beggars.

2. As we can see 200-300 RMB/ day is very good. It means that "Chinese people are" NOT SO "cynical about beggars".

3. How you can be sure what is the quality of the beggars at all in China?!

4. "generally people who have to beg are struggling to make a living."

???

ATTENTION!

a/ "Generally a person who kill is a killer..."
-Killer?
-Why not soldier?
-What about headsmen?
-Or just ... a doctor who help us to KILL the viruses, bacterias, etc.?

b/ "Generally a woman who is a prostitute is struggling to make a living!"

DO YOU BELIEVE IT?

Conclusion:

Some people just prefer the easy ways for living. And as far as they are not educated, they just can use this 2 terrible ways for living.
The Chinese government provide many social opportunities, programmes and houses for this people, but they do not use them? WHY? Because there HAVE NO 200 ~ 300 RMB/ day!
Apr 15, 2007 20:10
  • CALIFORNIA
In Beijing,at least one yuan in once.If you beg in the subway,at least 70yuan for per day:-)
Post a Reply to: How much does a beggar win?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code