Menu
Where to stay
Apr 15, 2007 06:16
  • DAVEC
I am visiting China in september and travelling fron HK through to Yunnan. From Guangzhou to guilin and then on to Kunming,Dali and Lijiang. My question is this, Where can I stay between Guilin and Kunming? we will travel by train but are looking for a stopover rather than doing the whole journey. My research shows that either Guiyang or Nanning are the natural choices as they are easy to get to and have trains through to Kunming for our onward journey. My books tell me Guiyang is an up and coming crime spot and Nanning is boring and uneventful, it will only be for 1 or 2 days so which should I choose or is there an alternative?
Apr 15, 2007 08:47
  • JABAROOTOO
Both are interesting in there own ways. Guiyang has a lot to offer in the surrounding districts. Alternatively you could stop off in Xingyi on the Yunnan/Guizhou border. Maling gorge is well worth a visit and there are small ethnic villages including a museum near town. It is much smaller than both the other larger cities. Read my review Glimpes of Guizhou for more details on Guiyand and Xingyi
Post a Reply to: Where to stay
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code