Menu
Beijing Newbie!
Apr 15, 2007 11:17
  • NATHANC
Hello!

I am a 28-year-old English guy travelling for the first time to Beijing on the 12th May.

I am staying in a Hostel right in the city centre and really looking forward to exploring the city and all its sights but I am a little worried that two weeks may be a little too long.

If anyone is reading this and is there the same time and fancies exploring please give me a shout.

I was wondering how easy it is for a non Chinese speaker to find there way to Beidaihe Beech as I would like 2-3 days R&R away from the city.

I was also wondering what the Chinese attitude to sunbathing is in or around the city. For example, in London taking your shirt off and sunbathing in Hyde Park while reading a book is quiet common? Beijing seams to have a few parks and I was wondering if this was possible.

Thanks in Advance,

Nathan
Apr 15, 2007 12:09
  • GRIZ326
Make a list of the places you want to go in Chinese characters with the English next to them. It will be useful.

I do not remember seeing anyone, male or female, sunbathing in Beijing last summer, nor do I remember seeing any men with their shirts off even while playing sports. ...I suspect you would be an odd bird sunbathing; I do not know if it is unlawful.
Apr 15, 2007 19:48
  • MAY001
Actually, Chinese doesn't like sunbathing since our skin may be hurt easily. But you can do it in your hostle's balcony, I think.
Apr 15, 2007 19:57
  • CALIFORNIA
I answered you in another thread,haha:-)
Apr 17, 2007 19:56
  • TRAVELDREAM
Taking off your shirt in a park is not so respectable in china.
Post a Reply to: Beijing Newbie!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code