Menu
Which is better? Simplified Chinese Character or Traditional Chinese?
Feb 3, 2008 16:22
  • SHOWYI165
i think the Simplified Chinese

i`m a chinese girl.^^

Feb 14, 2008 15:53
GUEST73135 i think simplified is betterrer cause its so much ezier. i think we shud simplfy english too and get rid of speling and gramer - thoze things make enlglish too harder for us common peeple to lern. ...and we shud get rid of all art too!
Feb 17, 2008 07:19
GUEST74229 we use Simplified Chinese Character in mainland of China, but Traditional Chinese in Taiwan and Hongkong. then you know what you need to learn.
Thanks,
James
Jul 3, 2008 03:36
GUESTAMY i grew up in a traditional-chinese surrounding. i have all the passion and sympathy for the traditional chinese writing system, because, they look so much more like actual chinese characters, elegant, artistic, classical and distinguishable from other chinese words with the same pronounciation (unlike simplified which uses the same word for different meanings).

simplified characters are definitely quicker to write and easier to read, but like some people said, this system has butchered most of the strokes which contribute to the meaning of individual words. the chinese word 'love' is the best example. other than that, simplified words are just... ugly - to be put bluntly. i have a few english friends who recognises traditional chinese words but cannot make out the simplified, saying they look like 'codes' than words. they love the traditional word for 'dragon' and hate the simplified.

i'm sorry if this is not significant for this argument, but i'm just trying to point out that traditional chinese is appreciated just as much as the simplified (which is given credit solely for its 'simplicity'), and traditional embraces the taste and beauty of the glorious chinese history. and to add a personal note, i think simplified chinese reminds people too much of communist china... sorry.
Jul 3, 2008 04:04
  • ANTISB
exactly,TCC is more scientific than SCC
for example:(T&S),
國&国,pronunciation:(guó),
T:囗或,S:囗玉,
或,pronunciation:(huò),玉onunciation:(yù)
國 and 或 have same “simple or compound vowel of a Chinese syllable”

燈&灯(dēng)——登(dēng)&丁(dīng),
際&际(jì)——祭(jì)&示(shì)...
Jul 6, 2008 21:25
GUESTA1807D You can read simlified Chinese easily if you learn tranditional Chinese;

you read tranditional Chinese hardly if you learn simlified Chinese.

=============
I want to learn Englihs and I can teach you tranditional Chinese or simplified Chinese.

If you want to have a friend from Taiwan. You can add me into you Skype or MSN.

My Skype: a1807d

My MSN: hotmail.com|a1807d
Oct 29, 2008 14:54
GUESTADRIAN
I like traditional Chinese because it's much more pretty.
Dec 20, 2008 14:51
GUEST14492 Actually traditional characters are easier to recognize and memorize. Not to write. Because some simplified characters look too much alike and therefore can confuse you.
Jan 28, 2009 00:29
GUEST74153 Actually, most people in China recognise traditional characters with ease but writing is not the case. In communities where traditional characters are solely taught, reading and writing simplified version are equally difficult. I have friends in both China and Taiwan.
Jan 29, 2009 14:03
GUEST10730 I am from Taiwan so I am traditional Chinese all the way! Most people who grew up using traditional find simplified hard to look at, because to them simplified lack the aesthetics they're use to. So most of the time one of the main argument against simplified is that traditional looks better. Where as those who use simplified find traditional complicated and unnecessary.

But for preference it all comes down to where you're from. or If you're learning Chinese learn the writing system of china you're interested in, (mainland for simplied HK or Taiwan for traditional).

Han Zi is a very unique way of writing and they should never conform to the phonetic system.
Page 5 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Which is better? Simplified Chinese Character or Traditional Chinese?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code