Menu
Incredible News!!!
Apr 18, 2007 04:17
  • EVENING
In China, most rural areas are not as rich as the citizens. But the follwing news really changed my conception!

Guangzhou has a village called Jiu4 Shui3 Keng1 in Panyu County. In this village, villagers can have fixed monthly compensation of at least 1,000 yuan, no exception of new born babies!

They invest 29 million yuan to build two grand restaurant. Villagers can hold their weeding, birthday or other celebration dinners there totally free of charge!!

The primary school costing 28 million yuan looks more magnificent even than some colleges!

They have their own fire engines, hospitals, beadhouses and entertainment parks as well!

And the whole village are greened, providing quite a beautiful paradise!!

Apr 18, 2007 04:26
  • EVENING
Such affluence may due to the proper economy development ways.

In the 1980s, The village provided neat and uniformed workshops for investors. Workers were recruited from the villagers. The village leaders then built up directorates with the investors relatively to manage the companies together.
Every one of the villagers is the shareholder of the companies.

At present, their main industry is high technology electronic products.
Apr 18, 2007 22:40
  • MAY001
Don't be scared, there are a lot of rich man in South China's countryside.
Apr 18, 2007 22:49
  • EVENING
Yes May, now I believe it!
Apr 18, 2007 22:51
  • EVENING
Oh, by the way, how are rural areas in other countries? Anyone who can share something?
Apr 20, 2007 12:11
  • LIONPOWER
I first seen Shenzhen in 1992. Now country side covered by city, may be in future, no country side.
Apr 23, 2007 03:50
  • ANTONIO
"Democracy with Chinese characteristics" is the way to reduce poverty in China. In such a short time (approx 25yr), CHINA has achieved what no nation on earth has ever done and that is to raise the economic prosperity for her people. The path outlined by the Great Deng Xiao Peng is the right path. It is a path that will lead China to becoming one of the greatest economic powers in the world. And in the process, enrich a hundred million non-Chinese with her great culture and language.
Apr 23, 2007 03:50
  • ANTONIO
"Democracy with Chinese characteristics" is the way to reduce poverty in China. In such a short time (approx 25yr), CHINA has achieved what no nation on earth has ever done and that is to raise the economic prosperity for her people. The path outlined by the Great Deng Xiao Peng is the right path. It is a path that will lead China to becoming one of the greatest economic powers in the world. And in the process, enrich a hundred million non-Chinese with her great culture and language.
Apr 23, 2007 04:55
  • TRAVELDREAM
Hi Evening,

I've talked about rich farmers in your post 'Chinese Farmers'.

http://community.travelchinaguide.com/forum2.asp?page=1&i=36121&keyword=huaxi%20village#R37361 .
Apr 23, 2007 05:06
  • TRAVELDREAM
There is a village called Huangcheng Village, not far from my hometown. All villagers live in villas. The village pays all the educational expenses for their children, from primary school to aftergraduate. Villagers have to spend no money on food as the village will hand out food the need.
Apr 24, 2007 03:36
  • EVENING
Quote Lion's words:
Now country side covered by city, may be in future, no country side.

Rural areas are becoming more and more rich, there may be nocountry side in the future really! Is it a good or bad phenomenon?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Incredible News!!!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code