Menu
manzhouli
Apr 18, 2007 13:44
  • AUNTIEAGLE
anyone has been to manzhouli or any of the other russian border towns of inner mongolia?
Contemplating to visit these towns and make a trip across russia so as to get a stamp on my china visa when i return cos my china visa is already 60days due and i thought going up north better than going to hongkong :)

auntieagle in shenyang
Apr 18, 2007 19:48
  • MAY001
California knows!!
Apr 19, 2007 00:38
  • LEMONCACTUS
I've been to Manzhouli, and can't say that I give it a glowing report but if you're looking to get near the border and for a strange blend of China meets Russia, then it's definitely the place to go.
Apr 19, 2007 02:02
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,you can do one day trip and make a stamp on it:-)
Apr 25, 2007 21:44
  • AUNTIEAGLE
did u just cross border and get a stamp? anyone?
without a visa? getting the visa needs 'invitation' letter from agent in russia and all cost at least RMb2000, dats wat e local agent quoted me.
Was aniously lookin for ways to cross borders so I can my 60days renewed, but due to the may hols coming up, I decided to go home instead , at least the flights can be confirmed in advance,

going to North korea will cost more than Rmb4000 with visa application
going to mongolia, I do not need a visa butconfirming th etrans mongolian train is a hassle cos it gota be from beijing. I recalled some crappy buses leaving from here last time but now that i need it i cant really find it, maybe cos i was only making calls from home :)

Anyway, i am going home for my holday ........ fried carrot cake, laksa, briayani..........feast time :)

Happy hols everyone

auntieagle in shenyang
Post a Reply to: manzhouli
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code