Menu
need help...for my kids
Apr 20, 2007 01:54
  • FOCUSFOCUS
We are moving to Changsha end Dec. 2007 from U.S. We have a 7 & 8 year old boys in 1st and 2nd grade. Does anyone know of an international school or private school using English as the main language of instruction?
If anyone already came to Changsha with children, please, give us any advice for schooling.

Thank you for your consideration.
Apr 24, 2007 03:17
  • EVENING
Changsha Tongsheng International Experiental School issaid to be the most renowed boarding school. They may have such English teaching classes. You can seek some information on its website
http://www.tsheducation.net/tshengv1/
Hope it helps for your two lovely children!

Apr 26, 2007 02:02
  • SHMILY
ya,we have many special school for children like your's
Apr 26, 2007 02:35
  • FOCUSFOCUS
Thank you Evening and Shmly.

Evening,
I'll make a contact with Tongsheng International Experiental School later on for more info.

Also Shimly,
Would you explain just little more about the term, special school for English speaking kids?

Thank you for your consideration.

Apr 26, 2007 07:58
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Focus,

From my understanding, the term 'experimental' is a tag that is added to Chinese schools that have introduced some special curiculum activities. It does not imply that it a school which offers teaching in other than the Chines language. It may ssometimes mean that the students have more than three or four English language lessons each week.

Unless your children understand and speak Chinese they will have a lot of difficulty

What you are looking for is an International School which teaches in English, either a British or the American curiculum. I've done a google and nothing comes up for schools in Changsha. Can I suggest that you contact one of the larger International Schools in China and ask if they can advise you about possible schools in Changsha otherwise, you may be homeschooling like many other families who live in smaller centres where no English Language Schools are available.

All the best

J
Apr 26, 2007 16:20
  • FOCUSFOCUS
Thank you J.

Thank you for spending your time to search for I.S. in Changsha.

Since there is no international school in Changsha, I think I have to try to find the homeschool parents there and get an information form them.

Or... as shimly mentioned, I can try to find wht the special schools are like.

Any information and advice will be helpful.

Please, share your experience with us, and I believe that the journey of my family will help others to come later. :-)

Thank you again for your consideration.

Apr 27, 2007 05:42
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Focus,
I have friends in Changsha although they are moving to another smaller city soon. I have asked them for some information they may have through thier contacts in the city. When they have replied with anything of use to you I will pass it on.
Apr 27, 2007 15:49
  • FOCUSFOCUS

By looking at your picture, my Son, Sean, told me that you look like a happy traveler.
Especially, he likes your hat. :-) 

We are looking forward to hear from you soon.
Thank you again for your consideration.

May 2, 2007 05:04
  • CERAMICHEART
My town is 1 hours away from changsha by car.

So far as i know, it does not have such a school like you said

hope my msg not depress you.

May 2, 2007 08:51
  • APAULT
I think you will need to do home schooling!
May 6, 2007 12:07
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Focus,

Unfortunaltley I'm not always a happy traveller as China throws a lot of curve balls our way but I try to look for the up side to a bad situation. I'm sure you'll all enjoy your stay in Changsha. There seems to be a good expat community there. My friends replied while I was away this week and I see that one of the schools that they have listed has already been suggested by another member. So it would seem that you children will be able to attend one of these. All the best with your preparations and hope that all goes well. I plan to visit my friends sometime after they move to Hengyang so may get to meet you when I'm in Changsha.

Cheers
P

We asked at our Language School about schools for expat children in Changsha:-

1. Hunan Changsha Tongshenghu International Experimental School
Chang sha tong sheng hu guo ji shi yan xue xiao
www. tsheducation.net

2. Lushan International Experimental School
Chang sha lu shan guo ji shi yan xue xiao
www.cjedu.cn
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: need help...for my kids
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code