Menu
Can the government control the rise of house price?
Apr 21, 2007 20:55
  • ELLEN77
A hot topic of Guangzhou now is about the government control of the house price.

Guangzhou has always been the test base or a initiation for a new policy. With the steep rising of house price in China these years, It is said that the mayor of Guangzhou are planning to control the house price by using the govenment rights. He is not just mentioning it by words but also by actions. He has taken '7 measures' to carry it out.

Encouraged by such an active mayor, many citizens that are planning to buy a house now are waiting to see.

However, although the mayor is doing a good deed and the measure is welcomed by most of the people, it does not work well. Some manager of real estates even argue that the mayor are intervene the market and wants us to come back to the days of 'Distributing house by welfare'.

Do you think the government should and is able to control the rise of market?

Apr 22, 2007 21:20
  • CAOJUAN157
I don't think government can function well in controlling the market price, especially the house price. Just imagine, if the price is controlled and lower than before, there will be much more buyers than before. Then the demand will surpass the supply, which will eventually cause the rise of price.
Policy from government usually can not solve the economical problems well. So long as the population is growing, the house price will not possible decrease, unless we human beings migrate to the Mars.
Apr 23, 2007 03:15
  • SANYACHINA
I don't think so. No impossible things for the Chinese government. For example before no one believed that China will get back Hongkong and Macao, but ...now they are already Chinese. So, if here is really a good will to control the prices it will be done! The control is one of the best sides of Chinese government and because of the good control we are able to enjoy a strong and nice China.
Apr 24, 2007 01:30
  • MAY001
Hope it can help to decreas the house price.
Apr 24, 2007 04:10
  • ELLEN77
Caojuan's explanation is reasonable, so the government should consider it as a long term plan, until the majority can afford to buy a house for themselves.

The mayor's plan is supported by the majority people I think. The house price is really too high now, I think a young person has to struggle many more years to afford a house himself, that may deeply influence the living condition and consumption of other things, that's really not a good phenomenon for the comprehensive advancement of a country.

I also hope that the mayor would be sucessful, if there were more cities doing as the mayor, things would be easier.

Apr 24, 2007 19:33
  • LIONPOWER
I guess, you are thinking about the city people. What about the village people?
Apr 24, 2007 22:17
  • MAY001
Most of the village people of China don't need to buy house. They can built their own houses in their villages.
Apr 25, 2007 04:54
  • APAULT
It is almost impossible to control the prices, even for the Chinese government. Sure it can remove some of the speculative demand from overseas but that is a tiny proportion of the demand. There is a massive pent up demand, people want more space, less people in one home, less generations together. As incomes grow that demand will push up prices against a slowly rising supply. Of course we could halt refors and go back to government control.......hmmm!
Apr 28, 2007 04:40
  • ELLEN77
One aspect that I think the government can do to the house price is the control of land development, it can make some measures that will limit the businissmen. The government can really do so.
Apr 28, 2007 10:24
  • SANYACHINA
The Government (in China) can do everything. Even to make COUPON SYSTEM. It is powerful, wise and strong.
Post a Reply to: Can the government control the rise of house price?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code