Menu
Do you know what 'MQ' is?
Apr 25, 2007 04:51
  • CAOJUAN157
'MQ' is Money Quotient. It is the ability of financing.
Experts say that the best time to give the MQ education to the children is before the age of 13. The critical period is from 5 to 14 years old.
In France, children are usually given fiancing education at 3 or 4 years old by their parents. French parents will set up an account in the bank for their children when they are 10 years old.
In America, chidren are taught to recognize the coin and paper currency at the age of 3. When they are 6 years old, they have formed a sense of their own money. At 13, they are able to earn money on their own and even to exchange stocks and do some invistments.
Apr 25, 2007 21:34
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Is that a term from those bank financial planners selling funds or insurances?

but I didn’t have a bank account of my own when I was ten!

Sure one should develop sense of financial capability to make appropriate decisions in managing one’s personal finance
Apr 26, 2007 12:19
  • GRIZ326
Teaching children the value of saving is very important. Most parents could do better at this, but perhaps cannot because their parents did not know to do it for them.

Equally important as the value of saving is teaching the cost of borrowing money.
Apr 28, 2007 09:40
  • APAULT
Or more generally, as Rousseau a French philosopher said "Give me the child until he is seven and I will give you the man'. (Sorry, the English was sexist in those days)
May 1, 2007 23:56
  • GRIZ326
Interesting saying, apault. It seems to me that the meaning supercedes the any old use of language.

Child really do learn the fundamentals very early in life.
May 5, 2007 01:22
  • PEA28COCK
"MQ"? Who creates this item?
May 5, 2007 01:33
  • MELODYCHOW
I think it's good to give children such education cauz they can learn to be independent earlier and have more pracitical knowledge and experience. I always approve of the educational way that westerners do. Chidren should be independent and learn to deal with some simple affairs for themselves. But most of Chinese children are always overindulged by their parents who care only their children's eating fully and dressing warmly.
May 8, 2007 02:46
  • CAOJUAN157
I remember that my 'MQ' starts to develop since I received Yasui Qian (money given to children as a lunar New Year gift) from adults. My mother set up a special account for me to deposit my Yasui Qian when I was 12 years old. Since then, I began to have a sense of 'managering my own money'.
Post a Reply to: Do you know what 'MQ' is?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code